VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

I’ll also say this: knowing who the creative team is on each book beforehand would make a HUGE difference.

14 Likes

This is correct! We wanted to make the first rounds of voting available to our international audiences.

14 Likes

Oh, hard agree. Like, if we get Chip Zdarsky or Tom Taylor or something on Robins then I’m game, but if it’s, uh, a writer who I feel gets the relevant characters less, I’m going for JLQ instead.

(In the event that we do actually get to do the votes here, anyway.)

11 Likes

Etta Candy: Holliday Hero, Inc.

9 Likes

It’s weird, some creators are saying they can’t tell which one(s) they are working on, and others are tweeting “vote for mine!”

8 Likes

The Asteria :+1: v Supes&Lois :sleeping: poll is not on DC’s Twitter anymore :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Definitely. A good creator can make a concept I already like more desirable, and can make a concept I’m a little “eh” about more tempting to give a shot.

9 Likes

They’re fixing a typo on the graphic, it will be up again soon :slight_smile:

Instagram voting can be found in “Stories”- this means if you click the little profile icon from the DC account page, you’ll be able to vote on the pop-ups.

10 Likes

These all sound amazing, but Super Pets all the way (and Suicide Squad, and JLQ, and Son of the Creeper, and Zatanna, and OMG whatever Ambush Bug is in because I love that weirdo)

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s unfortunate, but also somewhat understandable. Robins are a known comoddity, you know what characters will be there and have an idea of what their dynamic will be, and they’re almost all fan favorites. Meanwhile, we don’t know who is going to be on the JLQ team. I think if they showed off at least some of the characters involved, it would be far more close.

9 Likes

I think an anthology of the 15 stories that don’t win is still hopefully something we’ll see maybe next year? Or maybe short minis?

13 Likes

Supes in space?

I’m a predictable man and so will be who I’m rooting for.

Don’t have Twitter. Voting on Instagram is kinda wonky. I only found 3 of the 8 brackets buried in the stories.

7 Likes

please, dc

7 Likes

Maybe Digital Firsts/DCUi Originals?

10 Likes

Oh? I don’t really follow twitter – might have to figure out my old log-in to participate in initial voting – but can you give some links to the creators playing mum or saying what they’re doing?

7 Likes

They should just give us all of this in another Wednesday Comics (aw man, I loved that run)

10 Likes
  1. I take Etta Candy over two of my least favorite GLs any day!
  2. I want Ambush Bug to win it all. The Ambush Bug parts of Let Them Live in my opinion are actually better than the stories themselves.
  3. We already have Lobo and Crush coming out soon so my vote is Son of the Creeper.
  4. The Robins just sound like a fun story. In the words of Booster Gold “Bros before Heroes!”
  5. Bringing back the Super Pets is something I always thrive in.
  6. Beetle, no doubt about it.
  7. Swamp Thing!
  8. Asteria… Now where have I heard that before… Seriously I think this story sounds great.

If there was an everything option that would be my vote. All of these sound awesome :+1:

11 Likes

It is unfortunate that something as ambitious as JLQ is up against the Bat-Family. But that’s just how tournament seeding goes sometimes.

14 Likes

I wonder if it would have tipped it in JLQ’s favor if they mentioned that Batwoman was on the team – because let’s face it, we all know she would definitely be on this book.

8 Likes

Absolutely! Obviously the creative teams have these ideas probably fairly fleshed out. It would be a shame to leave so much good stuff on the table. And I can totally see JLQ be an ongoing series. especially if we get cool new characters and some existing favorites.

Maybe they can also cross paths with Kate Kane (I doubt she would be part of the team, the description sounds like it’s a bunch of younger peeps), we need more Batwoman, too!

9 Likes