VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

Absolutely, it’s all in the execution of the team dynamic, writing great characters, as well as an engaging storyline. That’s a difficult task for any book. I imagine the queerness wouldn’t be front and center, either, labels shouldn’t define everything about these characters. So it will be important to balance things.

5 Likes

Based on the Q&A, I would bet that officially, we’ll only find out about the ones who progress to the next round. However, I’m sure the creators will eventually reveal themselves on social media.

5 Likes

Cool idea. My votes are in on both Twitter and IG. Robins sounds pretty neat.

4 Likes

The Robin’s idea sounds fun to me! Also, the Lobo/Animal Man one had me thinking it was going to be a Lobo and Animal Man crossover book! Which got me excited! But, upon reading the synopsis it doesn’t seem like it is that, unless there is something I just don’t know

3 Likes

I mean, she is already in DCAMU, and she was in Rebirth. She’s a black lesbian who is romantically linked to Barbara Minerva.

I also think that young justice (2019) already did a passable job creating the building blocks for JLQ. Since the team is meant to be young, and that roster included a massive number of people in a haphazard- we need your help so you’re all young justice type of way…that’s a pretty decent starting point.

6 Likes

This is great!

I’m casting my votes for:
Green Lanterns: Underworld on Fire
Zatanna and the King of Nightmares
Son of the Creeper
JLQ
Jesse Quick: Control
Nightrunner: Love in Paris
Swamp Thing: A House of Secrets
Superman & Lois: Ignition

Ultimately, if I’m hoping for something that would be new for me, it would be Nightrunner.

…if it is to be a classic favorite, I’d like to see new work with either Swamp Thing or Zatanna.

5 Likes

Typo, my bad.
It was supposed to be can not can’t.

3 Likes

Welcome back @ulmbrian.28904, @Nina_Avocado, @Dead-Velocity9 - it’s good to see all of you@

A huge welcome to @ClockworkStitch, @avacamillewood.77022, @jamie.biasi.61514! Hope to see you around more, please let us know if you need anything!

5 Likes

I would go with

4 Likes

Welcome on in @jason.rapp78.6499. Already quoting and everything, you’re a natural! Also, good choice!

3 Likes

Polls are closing! This is your LAST CALL! VOTE NOW!

4 Likes

BREAKING: ROBINS WINS!!! High-fives exchanged all across Gotham. Batman has even been photographed with a slightly less scowl-y scowl.

8 Likes

When will the new polls open?

3 Likes

all the dates are in the OP - says round two starts the 8th, though time zones might mean it’s the 9th for some people.

3 Likes

A victory unfortunately tainted by the people who promoted it purely to “prove to the wokes we don’t want their trash”. Batman would not be pleased.

Still, I wouldn’t mind reading it if it does win. Providing they remember my girl Stephanie Brown (and I’d love to see Maps in it and actually get something to do as Robin)

5 Likes

Did you check out Maps’ appearance in Batman: Black and White #4? :slight_smile: And the Easter Egg in Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman #1?

4 Likes

Batman is never pleased. And part of why I was rooting for Robins was because I thought JLQ could (mayyyybe) get published even if it loses, while Robins would be lost forever. Unfortunately, there’s no way to ask everybody why they voted, though I’m sure some people did it just to own the libs. If JLQ had won, I’d have supported it through all subsequent rounds.

3 Likes

I kinda doubt that. Batfamily books are pretty sure things.

2 Likes

Yes! She sadly didn’t really do much in the black and white but, but I’m hopeful we’ll get more from the Easter egg!

3 Likes

I mean, we have three current titles where the three Robins feature and it’s been less than a year since the entire batfam interacted with one another.
Most of the other Robins are set to show in Damian’s series, and at least one is confirmed in the nightwing series…
One of the reasons I chose to back JLQ is we’ll see characters like Damian, Tim, Dick, and Jason soon regardless. I don’t know, outside of the pride oneshots, when Jackson Hyde and Dreamer will even be seen again. Or (and these are my hopes, not confirmed) characters like Traci 13 and Jinny Hex.

3 Likes