VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

JLQ everyday of the week

7 Likes

Welcome to the community, Will! Let the moderator team if you ever need anything :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So awesome of a concept. It’s Justice League queer for me (and I’m a huge Superman fan so Superman and Lois would be my 2nd). The reason is that LGBTQ is horrifically under represented in graphic novels and many of us who are queer grew up with their stories of outcasts and secret lives meaning so much more to us. Oh yes, and the guys were hot and as close to a gay magazine as an Ohio boy could get pre-internet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

I don’t think it will make it, but I’d love more Swamp Thing. Green Lanterns sounds interesting too.

5 Likes

Definitely sad these two were pitted against each other because I love both concepts so much but I get to see robins all the time so I am definitely hoping to a story with more queer characters. Hopefully they would change the name though.

5 Likes

Definitely true JLQ sounds like a cool concept but there is no info about any of the characters.

3 Likes

Definitely Suicide Squad 7 is on my list!

4 Likes

This is going to be great!! Haven’t read much Zatanna lately, would be cool to see that.

4 Likes

A thought I just had:

So the next round of votes is supposed to also show the creative teams that are for these titles. Will it just be for what progresses to the next round, or will we find out ALL of the creative teams?

4 Likes

Dreamgirl and Aqualad are a part of the team.

3 Likes

ROBINS I have been talking to people about a story this being cool. Please make it a thing.

5 Likes

Lol I know right? Can we just have all of them.

4 Likes

Son of the Creeper gets my vote.
The Creeper is such an underused character with so much potential. He is the perfect foil to Joker (not Batman) and is also capable of zany fun. And for all those people who think 4th wall breaks are the bees knees. The Creeper did them first and better than Ambush Bug.

Creeper has all the elements for great storytelling.

Etta Candy comes in second. Another great character way to often sidelined.

JLQ gets the bronze. It’s a great idea. However, there is no reason that Son of The Creeper and/or Etta Candy can also be LBGTQ. I think broadening the scope of characters in general is some fresh blood DC needs but also by ensuring that this diversity in character scope can also provide a platform for LBGTQ characters as well.

If they want to move towards JLQ. Build it more organically through a team up book (ala the old Brave and The Bold) this offers a chance to really give better and deeper foundations to existing LBGTQ characters. It also allows for those characters to create relationships with each other first. That makes the foundation and building to JLQ more conscious and realistic.

4 Likes

I originally agreed with this, but the more I think about Lobo/Animal Man, the less I like Son of the Creeper over it.

Also, I didn’t know Creeper was dc…

I thought he was :nauseated_face:marvel​:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

That’s likely because he was the first book Steve Ditko did for DC. Because Ditko had such impact on early Marvel, I’m not surprised.

4 Likes

During yesterday’s Q&A, DC confirmed that Aqualad and Dreamer (squee!) would be part of the team!

5 Likes

Aqualad as in Kaldur?

5 Likes

I think the reason I and so many other queer people have instantly fell in love with JLQ is that it’s an unapologetically queer title. Yes, there is definitely representation in various DC books all across the universe. But this would be an explicitly super-ass queer thing! How wonderful! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

They mentioned Jackson Hyde.

7 Likes

I can certainly see the desire for JLQ. I just see a team up book, “The Brave and The Queer” perhaps???, to be a better place to build community and relationships of these characters first. I suppose since I’m old enough to remember the early JLA, those books were so focused on the Villain of the month, that character and relationship development was very back-burner.

4 Likes