Viola Davis In Talks To Star In ‘Peacemaker’ Spinoff In The Works At HBO Max

8 Likes

This would be so awesome! Viola Davis has been absolutely perfect as Waller, so an entire series, even if it’s just a limited one, would be fantastic for getting her more screentime. And we’d presumably get to see how she handles Task Force X being revealed to the world. Hopefully Danielle Brooks will be back so mother and daughter can have some face-to-face interactions, and I’ll be curious to see if James Gunn has any involvement as well

4 Likes

Please be Checkmate.
Please be Checkmate.
Please be Checkmate.
Please include Black Thorn.
And just enough Freddie Stroma cameo to not break the comedy wall and set us up for S2 heartbreak.
But mostly Checkmate. Focus on Harry and Harv and (modernized) old school spycraft with the ridiculous chess themed jobs, spinning out of the fallout from Adebayo’s exposé.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Sounds awesome™:+1:. If it goes through what could it be about :thinking:

2 Likes

This is a great relief, because I was thinking it was bound to be a Ratcatcher II series…and there’s just so much you can do with her super power.

1 Like

That is the only spin-off I would watch, Ratcatcher II and her amazing rats. They are like bats without wings.

2 Likes

I mean I still want more from Ratcatcher 2. I feel like there’s a lot you can do w/ an army of rats, and it’s not just about the action

3 Likes

I’m kind of surprised, I figured that Waller would end up being the antagonist of the second season of Peacemaker, but hey, won’t say no to more of Davis as The Wall.

5 Likes

I like the actress a lot more than I like her power. Anyway, the amount of CGI to make a Ratcatcher II show really good would be really expensive

1 Like

Just train real rats to form a megazord. How hard can it be?

3 Likes

I was eager to hear this news!! I love Viola Davis. Looking forward to it :eye:

This too for me. :point_up: But maybe it’ll be like how I first thought about the Peacemaker spinoff in general, the whole “how could this guy possibly be redeemed?” transition into “oh dammit I love him.”

I would love for there to be a Ratcatcher II shadow series, like after the credits of each Waller episode, or shorts released the same day, whatever … just following her around doing weird stuff with rats.

2 Likes