Update Regarding Backlist Breakout

Hey Everyone,

I know some of you have been asking about and eagerly awaiting the next round of Backlist Breakout, so I wanted to share an update about the program. Backlist Breakout is being put on hold for the foreseeable future, with hopes to bring it back in the coming months. We will provide an update to everyone as we can, and we appreciate the understanding.

25 Likes

:broken_heart:

16 Likes

I know, it’s disappointing–I’m bummed about it as well. But hopefully we’ll be able to bring back the program in the coming months.

14 Likes

I’m a patient person, I’m sure it’ll be worth a wait. Beside there’s tons of other DC books in the DC Library that I want to read.:nerd_face::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books:

11 Likes

When it comes back i will be there.

Voting for Warlord.

17 Likes

Bummer.

But it was sure fun while we had it.

12 Likes

That’s a shame. Hope it comes back soon. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I am sad about this, but we did get some comics I wanted out of it. Just out of curiosity, will we be able to be told the reason behind the hiatus decision or will it just be “because”? Not asking for reasons now.

15 Likes

Oof. This is a disappointment. Is there a reason for the hiatus? Other digitization priorities? A rollback of archive digitization altogether?

14 Likes

Unfortunately, that is all the information I’m permitted to share right now. But again–definitely hoping to make a return to Backlist Breakout in the coming months.

16 Likes

Can’t share more details, but there are solid reasons for the hiatus. Hopefully we can bring it back in the future.

17 Likes

Hope it isn’t due to that there was almost literally issues between members both times. I completely understand the reason for a hiatus and do hope it eventually comes back as well in the near future. I would rather have new archived comics that we want than none.

11 Likes

I am sad that the backlist breakout is going on hiatus but if there are problems, I hope that they get fixed. I do hope that this doesn’t mean that we got no archival issues at all.

11 Likes

Thank you for the update @Jitsu.

I need to be alone now. :cry:

18 Likes

Did you change your username or are you someone else? You remind me of another user.

It was fun but I always took it one at a time. I look forward to the future and completely understand that much goes into making it happen.

10 Likes

@TheBatgirlofNML Haha, well i did change my name it was Romangreco02.i’ve been flying under the radar. :grinning:

11 Likes

His picture used to be mad magazine’s mascot.

10 Likes

I thought I recognized you! Glad to know I’m not as crazy as my lawyer says I am.

YARN | You can fly? | The Iron Giant (1999) | Video clips by quotes | 19b836da | ç´—

10 Likes

:people_hugging:

9 Likes

Not trying to be a troll, but…Are these unspecified reasons the cause behind the lack of back issues added to Kindle/Comixology in recent weeks?

8 Likes