Unpopular Opinions?

I blame Moore for that.

3 Likes

Well if this is a safe spaceā€¦

I have no interest in actually reading anything from the Golden Age. Itā€™s just too silly. Iā€™m happy to get glimpses of the artwork and I appreciate it from a historical perspective, but I have better things to do than to see Superman trapped in a giant cookie jar, or whatever.

Again, I do appreciate the legacy of it but the SIlver Age is also on thin ice for me in a similar regard.

6 Likes

I agree honestly. I have to be in a very specific mood to read anything Golden Age

5 Likes

I am the same way with the Silver Age, thus I cannot judge.

6 Likes

Understandable opinion about the golden age dc comics. However I could read the old fawcett Whiz comics and immensely enjoy the clean excellent art and fun adventures of Captain Marvel.

5 Likes

See, Iā€™m interested, but, like @basicallytimdrake said, Iā€™ve gotta be in a certain mood to actually read the material.

I will say, though, Getaway Genius always has great appearances (might be silver age though. Iā€™m not sure)

4 Likes

I would try to appreciate the earlier stuff more, but thereā€™s just way too much post crisis stuff I want to read.

Way. Too. Much.

3 Likes

There are no good Young Justice comics.

4 Likes

Not even the og?!

2 Likes

I think the one opinion I have that I know is unpopular isā€¦I hate the fact that Jason Todd as Red Hood is still a member of the Bat Family.

He either should have stayed dead or remained a villain. I remember in ā€œThree Jokersā€ they TRIED to give insight into why Batman doesnā€™t push him away. But it doesnā€™t work.

5 Likes

Because I do not quit on family.

OOC: Jason is Batsā€™s favorite the same way Reese is Loisā€™s favorite. They like being with the roughest kid the most, as they make the parent laugh.

3 Likes

Has that ever been explicitly stated in the main DCU? Because I doubt he would actually have a favorite. Even if he did, the interactions I see him have with others might contradict that.

I just that from a narrative and character standpoint, it makes more sense for Jason Todd AKA Red Hood to be a villain. It would make for more personal based conflicts and cause emotional damage to Bruce and the others every time they go up against him. To have him as a member again - where he uses guns and has killed since he came back in extreme ways - its asking too much of me

6 Likes

You have never realized why I always forgive Jason and go way easier on him that I do all the others? That laugh he gave me when we first met goes a long way.

4 Likes

Oh, I have another thatā€™s probably unpopular! I didnā€™t like how ā€œTrial of the Amazonsā€ played out. I thought it was going to be about that group of people that lived on Themyscira before the Amazons combing back for a huge confrontation when all the tribes are gathered.

3 Likes

I totally agree. He didnā€™t have to stay a villain villain but I definitely preferred him on the wrong side of the Bat Family.

Heā€™s too eager to get Batmanā€™s approval. I donā€™t really like it. His dialogue is also a little too upbeat/wry for an ex-dead guy. Overall I still like RH enough to be one of my favorite characters though.

4 Likes

I follow the same set of beliefs on characters like killer Frost and Harley Quinn. Both were criminals who probably killed people. The popularity of their characters in different media led to certain adaptations to them I am not entirely comfortable with. I donā€™t mind their characters but itā€™s why I miss the secret six team so much. In that series it shows just because youā€™re a criminal doesnā€™t mean youā€™re a bad person.
Or ratherā€¦

if Zangief is good guy, who will crush manā€™s skull like sparrowā€™s eggs between thighs? And I say, Zangief you are bad guy, but this does not mean you are bad guy.-Zangief; Wreck it Ralph(2012)

4 Likes

I like Frost as a hero actually.

With Harley Quinn, though, I like her as an anti-hero. Her in the Bat-Fam is not good IMO, but I do like her as a character who tries to learn to do good, but winds up killing everyone because why the hell not.

Yā€™know?

5 Likes

šŸ©·šŸ©·šŸ©· Yes! I loved Villains United for those reasons. I hadnā€™t read anything with Catman before and I thought it was such a dumb idea for a character. But I left the series really liking him. I think endless winter was the last thing I saw him in.

4 Likes

I was actually about to post on here that ā€œthereā€™s just way too much Harley Quinn latelyā€ but youā€™re right, itā€™s more about the context.

Itā€™s also hard to argue that thereā€™s too much of anyone given how Batman dominant DC is.

5 Likes

I gottaā€™ agree with this. As much as I love her and BG as pals Harls works better as an antihero, kindaā€™ like Selina K. Watching her being made over into a hero is just hard to watch.

4 Likes