Unpopular Opinions?

For Catwoman it make’s sense because she’s Batman’s main love interest and would be influenced by Batman’s moral code to be better but Harley’s new love interest is an Eco terrorist who wants to kill the entire human race to make more room for her ferns so I don’t think she’d ever be influenced to be a good guy.

4 Likes

That might be the single best description of Poison Ivy that I’ve ever heard lol

2 Likes

I’ve never seen Selina be influenced or controlled by someone else’s decisions. She’ll weigh an opinion or advice she’s been given and if it works with her plans she considers it but she’s never been one to just be led to something. Selina’s gig is independence above all.

Welp, Dr. Isley’s agenda is a bit more nuanced and in depth than just that.

If you’ve been reading the current Poison Ivy series, you know she’s not always the baddie in every situation.

3 Likes

Got another one. When it comes to Superman action figures, I don’t love how they go to the Jim Lee/Frank Miller versions. Lee’s Superman had never impressed me and the less said about Miller’s chunky parody, the better.

You know what I would love to see more of? Figures based on Dan Jurgens, George Perez, Tom Grummett, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, or anyone of that variety. These guys have done some definitive Supermen in terms or proportions and overall aesthetic. I’ve seen some of the Mafex Reign of the Supermen figured and they are jaw dropping—expensive, but jaw dropping. These are the figures I wish we saw more of.

I know Jim Lee and Frank Miller are big names :roll_eyes: but we going to that well drives me up the wall.

4 Likes

I loved my Superman toya that looked like Miller’s design

2 Likes

I used to absolutely hate Superman and I really don’t why. I mean I like him now. but let me tell you I despised him. This was before I got into DC. So I don’t know it’s weird.

5 Likes

I am closer to the opposite. He was my favorite. Then I saw Super-Dead-Beat-Dad Returns and he has never been anywhere near my favorite ever since.

6 Likes

Court Of Owls is awful.

7 Likes

you shouldn’t let the movies bother you that much none of them are really like the comics

3 Likes

I have no idea what you are talking about.

4 Likes

Hmmm, never thought of that but it does make sense

3 Likes

oh sorry of course you wouldn’t bats :smirk:

4 Likes

It really kinda’ is. Def didn’t live up to the pre release hype. The story is so flat and predictable.

5 Likes

My personal take on Court of Owls is that it’s a great idea with a really good first half, and a terrible ending that makes little sense and doesn’t at all satisfy. But it’s opening is so strong people still really dig it.

5 Likes

I think the idea is the problem and the ending is the strength. The Court of Owls makes no sense in Batman, but they worked great in my recent Scooby-Doo crossover, because they are really Scooby-Doo villains hiding in my world.

6 Likes

Why don’t the Court of Owls work in Batman?

4 Likes

Because I should have found a bunch of guys dressed like owls years ago. They make Dr. Smith look like a subtle and stealthy villain.

4 Likes

But they were hiding behind a universal reset! :wink:

5 Likes

Agreed. It pulls you in but doesn’t really deliver in the end.

5 Likes

The problem is that the Morrison run was kept in continuity. Morrison’s Batman isn’t going to miss the Court of Owls with all their nests everywhere. He only barely missed the Black Glove, and they left far less of a trace around Gotham!

3 Likes