Unpopular Opinions?

When was she Nightwing?

3 Likes

Isnā€™t that a little harsh. Weirdo scumbags are normally way better than Deathstroke.

4 Likes

:laughing:

Youā€™re right. Iā€™ll paraphrase The Starfire here and upgrade my take on Slade to ā€œbag of dirtā€.

4 Likes

Smallville

4 Likes

I rate him somewhere between pond scum and the sock residue that gets in between your toes.

4 Likes

I endorse this accurate description. :+1:

5 Likes

So. Obviously, Slade is an abhorrent person.

However, as a character, I think heā€™s an amazing addition for the DCU. Mostly because of how ā– ā– ā– ā–  a person he is.

3 Likes

Indeed. The abhorrentest.

I guess. Iā€™m just not cool with his stan nationā€™s double standarding, thatā€™s all.

4 Likes

Yeah that guys nuts but his got a cool mask so Iā€™ll let it slide.

3 Likes

:smile:

4 Likes

it was a fad at the time right Boba?

5 Likes

I think he is a scummy addition. All I had to do was fly away from him when we battled.

3 Likes

Well, Viola Davis is a genuinely talented and over-all excellent actress, and unlike some other talented people (of which the MCU has a handful and which has happened with live action DC) who sometimes do ā€˜paycheckā€™ roles, sheā€™s actually not one to do that. That said, I respectfully disagree - itā€™s definitely among the top, but it wouldnā€™t be in my top five and probably not even my top ten (although I admit I have absolutely no fondness for the Sqwad as a team in any iteration and am not all thrilled that DC has picked that as something to highlight theatrically).

Very late to this party - but here are some - not necessarily unpopular opinions, but more akin to comments and feedback based on what people posted up until the end of 2019 (as Iā€™m tired of doom scrolling through this thread; it probably should have been broken up into parts, by years, or some such).

But itā€™s been extremely interesting seeing the diversity of comments from people, almost all of whom are definitely paying for, or have paid for, DCā€™s intellectual property, versus being on certain sites where you just know some people are just trolling and baiting and donā€™t have much sincere interest in or knowledge of DC.

@Madeye_Moody7 I know people are highly fond of the DCAU version, and I think they hit RosenLex on the head too often or did something along those lines to often to get him to forget that Clark was an alien, but I just generally have a lot of fondness for his Lex over pretty much any other. The fact that he did such excellent VA work on JL/JLU also makes me regret that he hasnā€™t been able to get cast in any live action DC projects post Smallville. I also have liked Routhā€™s performance as both Clark and Superman (and have followed his career a great deal between then and Legends) and think the airplane scene and some other moments are near perfect live action Superman, but he was really saddled with some awful characterizations and an overall dull and poorly written script.

@NikoTheOmnipotent Agreed.

While I have an extreme fondness for the crazy of Doom Patrol, Iā€™m prepared to fight all comers that LoT is actually the best ever live action serialized, multi-season television show based on DC IP.

@HarleysPudding As I typed above, Brandon was an excellent Clark and an excellent Superman in a poorly conceptualized movie that made some truly awful choices that ended up hurting the characterization of Superman. I have a lot of fondness for the Donnerverse version of Clark and Superman and I think he deserves to be more highly rated because thereā€™s simply more content to measure by; that said, the Superman action is, simply due to advances, better in Returns. Henry has shown the glimpses of a good Superman, but not really much as Clark, and just has been saddled with both awful characterizations, poorly conceptualized arcs and genuinely bad scripts, with some truly harmful decision making in MoS, BvS and even in JL.

@alexwk31 @Aquamon Both iterations of Metal just felt pointless and some of it was frankly imbecilic - having a character take a literal map that Morrison worked on with Rian Hughes as no easy simple thing, and concepts that had been conceptualized as far back as the previous decade, and stating that you could literally just take that map as a piece of paper, flip it over over and declare an entire new existence, a la Stranger Thingā€™s Upside Down, was the height of absurdity and an example of some of the problems with DC in the post Final Crisis era until today, where they start initiatives, and then either ignore them (Earth One, Zoom, etc.), write over them (New 52, Rebirth), and allow certain creators to run rough-shod, unnecessarily, for no real reason.

Iā€™m sure it must especially gall some readers and some creators that Snyder got to do his teenage fantasias in two connected iterations and then went off to make his money off creator owned work and simply left DC with the dumpster fires that came out of Metal.

@Flamebird23 I donā€™t think very many actors ever read much in the way of source material, except to the extent that they were genuine fans as kids/teens, and even those that claim they ā€˜readā€™ comics as kids, it can become fairly apparent if you dig through their interviews that this is absolutely not true.

And I think fans shouldnā€™t be surprised by this or be saddened by this. Itā€™s the job of the screen writer to do a good adaptation and the job of the director to make sure the actor is bringing those ideas onto the screen. To the extent that Ezra is playing an autistic version of Wally or was written as a Peter Parker analog, that is on the writers and producers, as well as how the Cult Leader and Whedon directed him; likewise with Grant on the DCW Flash, more of the problem can be laid on the show runners, than on him, although I never felt like they were trying to make him Wally - just that they nerfed him far too much, spent way too much energy with the Star Kids and unnecessarily turned a solo hero into some form of Scooby gang.

@DeSade-acolyte I absolutely love your take on Batman Forever.

@biff_pow You need to get on Etsy to sell a nice, random selection of one sentence decorative signage for peopleā€™s kitchens and offices with those types of comments about the nipple suits. I suspect they would make you a mild hundrednaire in no time! I know, I personally want a ā€œI really don't understand the nipplephobiaā€ to go above my sink.

So - thereā€™s your wall.
Read or donā€™t.
Iā€™ll skim the 2020 comments next in a few days or a weekā€¦

5 Likes

Making a Constantine sequel is a big mistake.

Cheetah should have been cut from WW1984. It should have been 90 minutes at longest.

The Lightning Saga is a highly overrated crossover.

3 Likes

:sob: thanks to you iā€™ve finally found my talent: writing brief defenses of benippled body armor

947350C8-06F6-45D6-9AFA-E414E4423FC5

5 Likes

i can literally feel my blood pressure rising when i watch that gif

4 Likes

why would it make your blood pressure rise lol

3 Likes

5 Likes

@basicallytimdrake

as a wise man once said,

@StrangeVisitor

4f1cf3ca2b9ad1aa4b605c9150305aca9e535d97_2_375x375

3 Likes