Unpopular Opinions?

I don’t think you would have people convincing you otherwise here.

4 Likes

Agreed i think people like him because of his loyalty to Batman but tbh i always seen him as a kid with a unhealthy obsession to Batman

1 Like

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd LOOK a perfect explain of people who haven’t read Red Hood and just think he is just an angry killer

2 Likes

if it makes you feel better my friend thought x-men and fantastic four were made by DC, and apparently someone at my school belived batman was in avengers infinity war

1 Like

Wow, you’re making a lot of assumptions there.

He’s really more of an angsty killer.

1 Like

Why do u think Red Hood is boring ?

1 Like

OK, so I wrote that a long time ago and actually won’t totally stand by it. I’ve talked enough with his fans to kind of understand what they like about him, but I still think he’s basically unsympathetic and worked better as Robin.

3 Likes

I’m gonna try to clear some things up here, if I’m allowed to, since I was tagged into this convo. The Red Hood debate is very similar to the Damian Wayne debate.

The assumptions made here is because Jason hasn’t killed as much as he used to, hence why it’s easy to assume why people who hate him, or dislike him, are only familiar with the post crisis version, because that was during a time where DC couldn’t decide what to do with him, so they made him go in the Villain direction, and that’s where most people hear about him from. The New 52, of course, changed this. While UTRH still happened in his continuity, Jason in his title comics has stated that he is mostly on good terms with the other Robins.

There is a bit of a contrast between him from the early 2000s and the version from New 52 and Rebirth, and whenever I talk to people who are reading Rebirth for the first time, they often tell me that it’s not what they were expecting, and Jason is just portrayed differently from his own comics and Batman centered comics, but I think it’s because he has to be. In Batman centered stories, he has to be somewhat generalized because he is another supporting character alongside other Robins who are also generalized because of room in the story. Even if fans don’t like it, he has to be a certain way, just like Tim or Barbara when they have to work alongside him. In Jason’s title comics, he as a character is more in depth because he is the leading character and has his own narrative boxes. Another factor is when DC has to have more control over the direction and the writer has to follow. Lobdell had creative control for a while, and during that time Jason had stopped killing and had Batman’s approval to actually have the Outlaws team (in Rebirth specifically). Around the time of issue 25, Year of the Villain was being set up and Lobdell’s version wouldn’t fit well, so he had to make a set up plot for Jason to be angsty again and have another Batman vs. Red Hood moment, and many fans hate it, and some have stopped reading because of this, though some fans are still reading for fan loyalty, but from what I’ve seen online… it’s been a mess lately.

Your opinion is your opinion, there is nothing nobody can do about it, not even me. I moreso want to explain why these assumptions exist, I’m not here to change your mind. Fans get upset when people view the original version of Jason and just assume that it’s his character and always will be, and the most current version is mostly shown in his title comics, which most anti Red Hood readers won’t read. I’m not gonna lie, some fans like the angsty killer, as they view it as conflict from the Father and Son relationship they have. Fans like me like Jason Todd as a character, and we like to see him grow and mature as a character, in the same way Damian Wayne fans like to see him go from killer to hero.

I also want to apologize, I may be a Jason defender, but I’m not a crusader. How you feel is how you feel, and all I can do is read your opinion and move on, I was only responding because I was tagged and even I don’t care enough to reply to challenge you and try to “convert” you. Not every fan is going to go off on somebody who feels differently.

6 Likes

I feel like Joker is overused and most good Joker stories have been told. I also don’t see a reason he HAS to be Batman’s archenemy (except in the Burton movie where it makes sense). Prior to the 70’s he was just another gimmicky criminal and not nearly the edge magnet he became in the 80’s.

5 Likes

“Almost Got 'Im” is overrated.

3 Likes

Big one here.

On a related note- “Over the Edge” is incredibly overrated and entirely pointless to watch when I could just watch “Perchance to Dreams” again, its superior in every way.

3 Likes

I HATED Christian Bale’s weird lispy Batman voice.
I mean, in the first movie, it was tolerable.
The second movie was bearable.
The third movie was, holy crap, Mute Batman…
That’s why I loved Ben Affleck’s Batman, because they made the electronic voice modulator in the cowl, actually make sense.
Hope I didnt offend any Bale lovers out there… I liked him as Batman, but just HATED the voice. :hear_no_evil:

9 Likes

“Over the Edge” is my favorite episode.

You wound me, sir.

I shall respect the boundaries of the “Unpopular Opinions” thread, in that we are not to judge each other for our unpopular opinions, and will limit my rebuttal to merely saying that “Over the Edge” and “Perchance to Dream” have nothing whatsoever to do with each other, other than the fact that they are both dreams/imaginings.

3 Likes

Robin, bring out the first aid kit.

3 Likes

Crisis on Infinite Earths (comics) was not NEARLY as good as everyone makes it out to be!

2 Likes

I am just not interesting in reading it, as I dislike most event comics I read.

3 Likes

Keaton is still my favorite screen Batman, and the voice is a big part of that. I like that he doesn’t overdo it- there’s just kind of a quiet menace to it most of the time.

I actually don’t mind too much when the actor doesn’t disguise their normal voice at all like Adam West did.

The voice modulator just sounds silly to me. I feel the same about its use in Arrow.

5 Likes

I’d like to read it eventually, but as I understand it’s a lot more effective if you’ve read a lot of Silver Age comics…which I haven’t.

2 Likes

Convergence is SO much better than Crisis on Infinite Earths

5 Likes

Batwoman is a great show (if you ignore the audio quality)

4 Likes