Unpopular Opinions?

I like Barbara Gordon better as oracle than batgirl. I wish DC would stop pushing her as batgirl and keep her as oracle.

9 Likes

I think that is a popular opinion here but not liked by DC.

3 Likes

I like her either way. I love her as oracle, but I also love her being a badass crimefighter.

4 Likes

The Birds of Prey show from 2002 was really good!

3 Likes

Cassandra Cain shouldn’t be Batgirl.

It’s too late for that now.

Cassandra Cain should be Batman.

9 Likes

Does this involve killing me? Robin watch for any faceless assassins.

2 Likes

No, Bruce, you’ve earned retirement, and an advisory role to the next generation of heroes.

2 Likes

Retirement made me suicidal. I will certainly never fully retire. Granted I am a terrific mentor. Batoldie will strike terror into the hearts of my enemies.

3 Likes

No, not having a family made you suicidal. You shut yourself off after Jason died. Tim Drake changed that future.

4 Likes

I still had Alfred. Time to get the order straight.

1. Lost Jason

2. Betrayed by best friend

3. Forced into retirement

4. Carol made that awesome car/potential coffin

5. Death Wish

Yes, losing them resulted in both retirement and the death wish. But now nothing separates me from by best budd…

Clark: Please quit hugging me.

2 Likes

we’ve had two batman before, bruce can be the strategy guy for the league and public stuff and do charity and Cass can be scary batman who stays in gotham hunting down criminals

3 Likes

Much prefer her to be Blackbat (also sans terrible Tynion origin).
Don’t know where this “Batman” stuff is coming from.

2 Likes

Here are some of mine

• There is nothing wrong with Ed Benes art showing a lot of cheesecake

• Removing America from Justice League was stupid and especially now that there is the Justice League of China

• Linda is the real Supergirl, not Kara

• I was a really big Batman fan but I feel he is overused and I became tired of him

3 Likes

some of you will need to sit down…

Crisis on Infinite Earths should never have happened

I liked Dan Didio

Superman should always be the first superhero of whatever DC Universe is the “main one.”

Silver Age Superman > Byrne Superman

I want my comics more DC and less Marvel, in other words less continuity, less characterization, less angst, less soap opera, less real cities, less “real life” problems

I’d like to reduce the current Bat Family to Bruce, Dick, Barbara, Tim and Damian, the rest need to go somewhere else. Jason, Harley, Cass and Steph especially need to be out of my comic book reading life for good.

I’m done with Barbara as “Bat Computer.” It’s Batgirl or bust from now on.

Kara is the one true Supergirl, Peter David badly screwed up the Matrix Supergirl. It was the first time I ever dropped a Super family title.

I’m not forgiving him for “Hook Aquaman” either

I prefer Legion of Super-Heroes with Superboy

DC having Jack Kirby’s faces redrawn in the Superman comics was a good thing

Firestorm should never have been in JLA. From there it was a short route to second stringer land or worse like Vibe and the Yazz.

Lobo is the worst character in the history of DC Comics

I liked Green Arrow more before Denny O’Neil got a hold of him.

You couldn’t pay me to read Injustice or play the video game.

I’d rather watch Superman IV again rather than one of Zack Snyder’s DC movies.

I love all the speedsters, but Barry is still #1.

Smallville…meh, no tights, no flights, no thanks!

Bendis Superman> Tomasi Superman

Geoff Johns is my favorite Green Lantern writer of all time, but not even he could make Hal my favorite Green Lantern. (It’s still John)

The Wolfman/ Perez Titans of today are like the Breakfast Club hanging around the high school ten years after graduating. Their time in the current DCU has passed, break them up and give them something else to do. (JLA, Outsiders, JLD, Suicide Squad, retire etc.) Like Friends they can still have a Reunion Special.

5 Likes

I agree.
Like, I love her as the original Batgirl, but we have two great legacy characters and I still can’t get over DC acting like she couldn’t be a hero while handicapped when New 52 came around.
Recent spoilers: Glad to see her back as the bada$$ computer whiz recently, though.

2 Likes

That’s a long laundry list. I don’t agree with everything, but I like it :slightly_smiling_face:.

As a Batman fan who is not intimately familiar with all the Bat family members, I share this sentiment, while not fully agreeing with it. I kinda get lost in books that feature the extended cast, and don’t feel like any one member gets enough of the spotlight for me to get attached to them. Instead I find myself picking up a Batman book, only to get a story about all these other folks. Almost like a bait & switch. I do realize however that they have a big fan base, so I wouldn’t call for the Bat family to be “reduced”. Maybe have a book dedicated to Bat team stories? Not a huge deal to me in any case though. There’s so much Batman in DC, one is bound to find their flavor.

Why? For consistency with what came before? Or because you just dislike Kirby’s style? I much prefer to see the art the way the artist intended, even if it doesn’t agree with my sensibilities. Having said that, I very much like Kirby’s art.

Yes! We are few on these boards, but we’re mighty :joy:. I liked Tomasi’s Supes, but liked Bendis’ take much more.

I’ve never read the Wolfman/Perez Titans, and I probably should. I’ve always liked Cyborg though. I would like to see him get an ongoing. I’ve always liked the idea of the character, but Zack Snyder’s Justice League gave me a deeper appreciation of where he can go. That brings me to:

Yeah, hard disagree here :slightly_smiling_face:. Just watched ZSJL for the fourth time, and I like it more with every rewatch. Wish they would finish off the story in some shape or form.

And finally:

First as in first one to appear? Or first as in the most important? Either way, I’m on board with you!

Thanks for sharing. Was fun reading your takes!

4 Likes

im assuming with the whole ‘everything is canon’ thing that means we’re back to the original origin for Cass. cause tynion’s had some holes, I did not like ex bruce essentially abandoning Cass for years. also felt like a bit of a pointless tie into Harper, and some other stuff

4 Likes
  1. Superman: Year One is good.

2. (a) Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was good… until The Joker showed up. The Joker did not need to be in that movie. At all. The Joker’s manic energy and personality doesn’t fit the tone of the rest of the film, which was a unique, atmospheric, moody take focusing on Bruce’s history… up until the third act. Then it just became yet another Batman/Joker fight. It’s like they were afraid to put out an animated Batman movie without throwing The Joker in. The film would have been perfectly fine (and better) with an original enemy alone.

3. (b) Of the three '90s/'00s Batman DCAU movies, Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero is the best one.

6 Likes

The first hero in the DC Universe should be The Crimson Avenger.

3 Likes

That Constantine show should’ve stayed on the air

6 Likes