Underrated One-Time Voice Acting Performances

What are some of your favorite voice acting roles in DC projects which have never been reprised?

For me, I really loved Andre Braugher as Darkseid in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

7 Likes

I’m a fan of James Woods as Owlman in Crisis on Two Earths

10 Likes

Ben McKenzie (Gotham’s Jim Gordan) as batman in Batman: Year One and Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordan in it as well! Ben has a relaxing voice and Bryan is good at playing middle aged men :grin:

5 Likes

I’d hardly call his performance underrated, but I’m still surprised that Jensen Ackles has only ever played Jason Todd once. He was absolutely perfect for the role and I still read Jason’s dialogue in the comics in his voice. Given that he still seems to love the character, I feel like it’d be a wasted opportunity for DC not to find another chance for him to reprise the role

8 Likes

I 100% agree!

I’m not a fan of the actor, especially in the last few years, but Woods as Owlman is chilling!

4 Likes

I’ve got props for former Twilight film series actor Ashley Greene’s earnest performance of Batgirl/Oracle in Arkham Knight. I thought she held it down solidly in the game.

5 Likes

He did it for a while but not ever appearance, but George Eads as Captain Atom in JLU

3 Likes

Agreed @arkhamassassin- Ackles was amazing as Jason Todd. So much rich, meaningful emotion on display throughout his entire performance in the movie, especially in the final confrontation scene between Todd/Bats/Joker. So good.

5 Likes

Stana Katic as Lois Lane in Superman Unbound. She was amazing! It made me wish we could’ve gotten her as a live action Lois.

4 Likes

Stana Katic as Talia al Ghul from Batman Arkham City, my favorite all time video game

5 Likes

Danny Jacobs as Grifter in Flashpoint Paradox

I actually thought he was an alternate timeline version of Red Hood or something lol
But yeah cool personality and cool voice :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Either Michael Emerson as the Joker

Or Brent Spiner as the Joker

6 Likes

Cranston is my favorite voice actor for Gordon. He would be perfect as a live-action Gordon, as well.

4 Likes

Johnathan Banks as Composite Superman in The Robot Chicken DC Comics Special III

And Weird Al Yankovic as Darkseid in TTG

5 Likes

I felt Anthony Ruivivar was great as a just starting out Batman in Beware the Batman.
And JB Blanc Alfred was great especially for a more military rooted Alfred.

1 Like

John DiMaggio Joker in Red Hood. Nailed it.

3 Likes

Offhand…

Peri Gilpin as Volcana on STAS.

Roz from Frasier playing a sexy, seductive Superman villain earns all kinds of hot praise from me.

Hart Bochner as Arthur Reeves in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm comes to mind too.

Besides that sole animated DC credit, he has one in the live-action firmament too as Ethan in the Supergirl movie. That’s not quite as memorable of a performance though.

2 Likes

Technically it was in more than one thing but Weird Al as Animal Man was fantastic. I also really enjoyed Peter Weller as Batman.

1 Like

Yep, agreed!