Under appriciated characters appriciation post

Steel

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Mera is a more interesting character than Aquaman and deserves his spot in the Justice League.

2 Likes

Always liked Wildcat.

2 Likes

So many I could name.

Terra AKA Altee (not the one from Judas Contract who is far from under appreciated)… a well written altruistic hero with an interesting backstory who never got near enough love and as far as I know isn’t even in continuity anymore after New 52 and Rebirth.

Chris King and Vicki Grant of Dial H For Hero - The least known of the “Hero Dialers” but the concept of having fans create their alter ego’s and villains was still one of the most innovative ideas comics has done. And they were interesting relatable characters with well written stories especially early on when Wolfman was at the helm. They were almost completely ignored during their runs in Adventure Comics and a back up for Superboy aside from a Superman Team-Up in DC Comics Presents and a few appearances afterwar their Superboy back-up run ended. but they IMHO deserved so much more recognition.

Magog from the JSA (not the Kingdom Come Magog) who was an interesting flawed hero and his original series though short lived was one of my favorites at the time it was running.

3 Likes

Metal Men

1 Like

I absolutely love the duality of Etrigan’s character, personally. It’s very Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, if Mr. Hyde could be pointed towards fighting evil. The interplay between him and Jason Blood is always a lot of fun to see play out, as well.

4 Likes

@Zatanna, he is one of my top 5 favorite Superheroes.

Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. Being hispanic myself i really appreciate this character. I hope that the rumour about him getting his own movie becomes a reality. I would love to see Jaime and Billy Batson interact being that in the movies they would be the young kids and there powers in one way or another involve different kinds of magic.
Also his beetle in live action :fire:
I can only imagine how great his armor would look in the DCEU since thats one of the highlights of the movies, the amazing uniforms.

2 Likes

Grifter is a badass