Trunks or No Trunks

No trunks…

I don’t know if this makes any sense, but to me it depends on who’s drawing the characters because sometimes the trunks look cool and other times I wish they weren’t there.

1 Like

For Superman they are a must lol

No trunks

Superman- I prefer trunks.

Batman- While trunks aren’t bad on him, the New 52 suit as well as the first Rebirth shut are some of my favorite suits ever. Plus, I don’t believe any live action version actually had trunks.

1 Like

Trunks.

Trunks 4 Life! Another similar question is Aquaman with or without the orange shirt?

@LifeNoob98 Adam West.

2 Likes

@RagdollRebel much like Superman and Batman’s trunks, I go either way for Art’s orange shirt/armor. Fine if it’s there, if not that’s perfectly okay too.

1 Like

@LifeNoob98 and Robert Lowery

There were two live action Batman serials, way back in the 1940s, with a Batman in trunks, as well, if I remember right. Rather silly Batman costumes, but they were interesting. You might still be able to fine those old Batman serials on the “Cape Television” app, on the Roku, and probably on other streaming devices.

Cape Television has several old serials that used to be shown in movie theaters before the main feature film. DC Universe does have the Kirk Allen version of Superman, which were also serials.

MACJR

The Batman and Batman and Robin serials from the 40’s are available on DVD and digital too.

@MacJr Thanks for the heads-up about their availability on Roku.

1 Like

@ Macjr I will have to look up Cape Television

@Vroom I have those DVD s , and the second serial is much more fun.

@Misfit Batman and Robin is the second one, right?

They came out on DVD from Columbia in 2005. I think they released them in reverse order though. B&R came out to tie into the theatrical release of Batman Begins and Batman was released to tie into BB’s home video release.

Cape Television has the Adventures of Captain Marvel serial! Cool!

I wonder about the legality of their hosting some things that are clearly under WB’s ownership. I gather they have the legal okay to do so, but one wonders.

@Vroom. Yeppers, the second serial is Batman and Robin. I have the adventures of Captain Marvel on DVD, too, and it’s the best serial ever done.

Yeah like I said Robert Lowery. :grimacing:

And Johnny Duncan . Robert Lowrey is also the nominal hero in one of Universals Mummy movies in 1944.

I’m good with both for I do love the classical look, but I’m also ok with modern looks too, hell even my Batman costume has trunks.

The character wearing trunks won’t stop me from reading it if the story and art is good. However, I feel they’re outdated and lazy design choices, and all the characters should move on from them. Yes, even Superman.

1 Like