Trivia Tuesday, 9/26 @ 2 PM PST/5 PM EST: Those Wonderful Toys

This week, trivia is taking a focus on the history of Batman toys! So break out your action figures and always remember: one for display, and one for play.

THE RULES:

• Starting at 2:00pm PST on September 26th, trivia questions will be posted by me in the comments below.
  • One new question will be posted from the start time and every 5 minutes afterward, until 24 questions have been asked.
  • The first person to correctly answer each question receives a point.
  • At some point, the game may enter a SPEED FORCE ROUND, where questions begin to appear faster.
  • Whoever has the most points after 24 questions wins the game, and receives an exclusive RIDDLER BADGE to wear on their Community Profile. 8-the-riddler _ BADGE SM
  • Not the winner? You may have better luck next week… schedule permitting, everyone who scores at least one point may be entered in a random drawing to select a future topic.
  • One guess is allowed per player after the question is asked.
  • Do not go back and edit your original guesses.
  • In the event of a tie game… something interesting happens.

Who among you will emerge triumphant in the winner’s circle? To find out, you’ll have to ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

DreamingGirlWonder [6]
MidknightSon20 [4]
TheCosmicMoth [3]
Row.Harper [3]
MatthewHecht [1]
Detective7 [1]
6 Likes

Oh! Oh! Yes. I’m in

All the Bat toys are coming out lol

3 Likes

@TheCosmicMoth @Vroom @SteveTrevor2.0 sounds like something y’all might be interested in.

I may very well not make it, but I will hopefully at least make it for the end or something.

I use them all for play, like my awesome T-Rex that guards my cave and the bats who live there.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I may give this one the ol’ college try, but this topic is one that @Vroom would probably dominate.

6 Likes

You’re calling in the Big Kahuna of toy knowledge in the community? I’ll just surrender now :laughing:

5 Likes

:ocean:

5 Likes

Toy-based trivia and right around when Toy Fair 2023 is taking place. How novel!

Depends.

I mean, if one wants to waste money on a ton of packaged duplicates that will eat up wall and shelf space for things they only want one of, then sure, go that route.

If they want to spend their money sensibly however, then buy one of what interests you and maybe a carded/boxed duplicate of select figures that look really cool on-card or in-box.

That’s been my motto/POV over my 35 years of action figure collecting (with 34 of those featuring DC) at least. :slight_smile:

As Red Green often said, “I’m pullin’ for ya.”

Very possible, along with the home video side of DC-based movies and TV shows, should that topic ever come-up (cough hint cough).

Pardon me, I need a Grape Soder to address that cough with.

Takes a sip of his fav’rit flavor of Soder.

Mmm, that’s better.

You’ve got some Kenner stuff in your stash, right?

All good stashes require at least one Kenner item.

Now, now. I’m not the only one who knows about DC toys and collectibles in these parts, so do please give it a whirl, as I think you’d do well.

SN: I may however be the only one in these parts that’s been involved in the development of DC toys and the like though, but I can’t talk about that. :shushing_face:

I won’t be able to attend as the fun goes down, as I’ll be at Yon Comic Shoppe. I will definitely read the transcript, however.

Good luck to all that show up. As Red Green says (go watch Red Green, already! :wink:) “I’m pullin’ for ya!” :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

No Kenner’s here. I got my first Bat-toys when I was 5/6 years (aka. the year of The Dark Knight).

4 Likes

Not a problem, as Kenner/Hasbro DC wares are fairly affordable on eBay and other secondary market outlets right now.

Sure, some pieces are a bit pricier, but generally, the Kenner/Hasbro oeuvre of 1990-2003 is pretty easy on the wallet, right now.

Unless you want a Turbojet Batwing, as that is a wallet-killer right now, regardless of whether one wants the original release from 1991…

…or its 1992 re-release:

I don’t remember seeing the Dark Knight Collection edition at retail, but did I see the Batman Returns version on-shelf?

Yep, at Walmart and in a Batman Returns-themed mid-aisle display outside the main toy aisle.

Then 9-year-old me saw it and said “Why is the Batwing in the Batman Returns line? It wasn’t in the movie, as it was destroyed in Batman.” to myself as I looked over the item with mild curiosity, then put it back on the shelf and moved on.

As Indiana Jones once said, “I had it in my hands!” and it hasn’t been in my hands since that day in 1992.

One day, though. One day.

3 Likes

I can see @Vroom as a pro and expert in this trivia, hope he gets to play! :grinning:

5 Likes

I’ll never call myself an expert, as I don’t think people should label themselves as experts.

“Knowledgeable”, “encyclopedic” and the rest?

Sure, that’s fine.

My humble humility however prevents me from labeling myself as an expert and I’m thankful for that.

Now, if you want to adorn me with that label, then…adorn away! :grin:

In the words of Andy Dufresne, “Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things.”

However like I said above, I’ll be at Yon Comic Shoppe while tomorrow’s festivities go down.

I certainly hope those who do attend have oodles of fun and flex their toy knowledge muscles.
:muscle:t2: :clark_hv_4:

6 Likes

I’m here! I know nothing about toys though. I expect to learn a lot.

4 Likes

I know a little, so I might be able to get a point in this one!

3 Likes

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey!

2 Likes

Hi.

3 Likes

Bruce.

3 Likes

Welcome one and all! Trains were running late and I just got back. Please tell Robin to stop sabotaging me.

5 Likes

DK43

1 Like

That’s my favorite one yet… Sploot…

1 Like