Trivia Tuesday, 6/16 @ 2PM PST / 5 PM EST: A Denny O'Neil Tribute

Trivia Tuesday, 6/16 @ 2PM PST / 5 PM EST: A Denny O’Neil Tribute

Trivia Tuesday has returned! This week, we celebrate the work of one of the greatest minds to ever grace the halls of the DC Universe: the monumental Denny O’Neil, writer and editor extraordinaire. On June 16th, be here for 2 hours of trivia encompassing the work he wrote, and the characters he created. As always, whoever claims the most correct answers first by the end of the game wins an exclusive badge, and also my personal respect.

Not sure where to start? Dive into some of the many iconic stories O’Neil wrote for DC Comics here… or get familiar with some of the characters he co-created, like:

• Appa Ali Apsa
  • Bane
  • Bronze Tiger
  • Dinah Laurel Lance
  • Jean-Paul Valley
  • John Stewart
  • Lady Shiva
  • Leslie Thompkins
  • Matches Malone
  • Maxie Zeus
  • Ra’s al Ghul
  • Richard Dragon
  • Talia al Ghul
  • Ubu

And many more!

(Please note: only one guess is allowed per person per question. Do not go back and edit your original guesses.)

Who among you will emerge triumphant in the winner’s circle? To find out, you’ll have to ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

joshtheblueguy [8]
RufusPentecost [3]
khristian012 [2]
TaimurDar [2]
BlakeMPetit [2]
crystalinastar [1]
killedhal9000 [1]
TheRealDetectiveChimp [1]
johncarlpepe [1]
Row.Harper [1]
13 Likes

Didn’t he also create Man-Bat, Scare-Face and Killer Croc?

3 Likes

Not to my knowledge. I believe that Man-Bat was created by Frank Robbins, Neal Adams, and Julius Schwartz; Scarface by John Wagner, Alan Grant, and Norm Breyfogle; and Killer Croc by Gerry Conway, Don Newton, and Gene Colan.

5 Likes

I believe @HubCityQuestion is right, Gipster.

2 Likes

This is a general life philosophy for me.

1 Like

Glad to see Trivia Tuesday back! Know my pick for Fourth World theme Trivia had to be postponed, but very fitting to do Denny before that.

Hopefully Fourth World trivia down the line!

1 Like

Fourth World trivia will be back in two weeks! I hope you’ll understand the need to put it on hold to pay tribute to one of my favorite writers. As for next week’s theme… that will be announced at the end of today’s trivia!

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve made it

1 Like

At work but will try to tune in when I can!

2 Likes

Ah, trivia, I’ve missed thee.

2 Likes

After a two week hiatus, Trivia Tuesday has RETURNED! Be the first to correctly answer each question as it appears in the comments every 5 minutes to score a point! Whoever has the most points by the end wins! I reserve the right to split hairs on answers whenever and however I choose! HERE WE GO!

Q1. Which series by Denny O’Neil was also the last DC title starring a solo hero to reach 100 issues?

1 Like

Azrael

3 Likes

question

CORRECT! @joshtheblueguy jumps right at our first point!

1 Like

I didnt even know he wrote azreal

1 Like

Well, class is in session, because I am here to EDUCATE

2 Likes

100 issues is an impressive feat

The way they reboot these days, it’s almost impossible.

2 Likes

It’s nearly every five years now isn’t it?

Batman and The Flash are both on the cusp of it now!

2 Likes