Trivia Tuesday, 3/12 @ 3 PM PST/6 PM EST: Ramona Fradon

This Trivia Tuesday, we’ll be honoring the great Ramona Fradon, one of DC’s most legendary artists. So brush up on your Aquaman, your Metamorpho, and your Brave and the Bold!

THE RULES:

• Starting at 3:00 PM PST on the date specified in the topic title, trivia questions will be posted by me in the comments below.
  • One new question will be posted from the start time and every 5 minutes afterward, until 24 questions have been asked.
  • The first person to correctly answer each question receives a point.
  • At some point, the game may enter a SPEED FORCE ROUND, where questions begin to appear faster.
  • Whoever has the most points after 24 questions wins the game, and receives an exclusive RIDDLER BADGE to wear on their Community Profile. 8-the-riddler _ BADGE SM
  • Not the winner? You may have better luck next week… schedule permitting, everyone who scores at least one point may be entered in a random drawing to select a future topic.
  • One guess is allowed per player after the question is asked.
  • Do not go back and edit your original guesses.
  • In the event of a tie game… something interesting happens.

Who among you will emerge triumphant in the winner’s circle? To find out, you’ll have to ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

mysterious_stranger [6]
MatthewHecht [5]
casasstrophe [4]
Detective7 [3]
FerroLad [1]
Analyst9998 [1]
7 Likes

For the second week in a row, Robin has thrown something at me last minute. I’ll try to get here late but I’m not sure I will.

Sorry everyone! I won’t make this a habit, I promise!

3 Likes

Sorry you can’t make it @Row.Harper. Hope we can catch you next week!

2 Likes

Q1. Name this Ramona Fradon-designed super team.

2 Likes

Those were the Elementals!

I’m going to do something I haven’t done before and signal the usual suspects here. @MatthewHecht, @Detective7, @casasstrophe, @DreamingGirlWonder? Soup’s on!

6 Likes

Q2. Which Jewish superhero was designed by Fradon?

4 Likes

That was Seraph, of the Global Guardians!

3 Likes

Feeling a little silly right now.

Q3. Who is this Super Friends villain?

3 Likes

Menagerie Man?

4 Likes

That’s correct! Thanks for playing, stranger!

5 Likes

Q4. In the Fradon-illustrated House of Secrets tale “Puglyon’s Crypt,” what is millionaire industrialist Jacob Puglyon’s greatest fear?

5 Likes

Premature burial?

4 Likes

That is also correct! The “crypt” I suppose was a tipoff.

5 Likes

Q5. In her introduction to the Super Friends: Saturday Morning Comics collection, who does Fradon recall as her favorite Super Friends villain?

5 Likes

Kitten? (That’s the name of Cheetah’s sidekick, right?)

5 Likes

Gonna take a stab in the dark and say Giganta.

5 Likes

World Beater! Thankfully I have DCUIU.

4 Likes

Both good guesses, both incorrect.

5 Likes

The subscription pays for itself!

6 Likes

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: A DC Universe Infinite Ultra tier subscription does not literally pay for itself

7 Likes