Trivia Tuesday, 1/4 @2 PM PST/5 PM EST: Robert Venditti's HAWKMAN

Get ready to soar! This week’s player-request topic is the beloved 2018 HAWKMAN series by Robert Venditti, the book which finally solved the question of “What is Hawkman’s whole deal, anyway?” Prepare yourself with a binge read of all 29 issues available on DC Universe Infinite, and meet us back here to see who knows it best!

THE RULES:

• Starting at 2:00pm PST on Tuesday January 4th, trivia questions will be posted by me in the comments below.
  • One new question will be posted from the start time and every 5 minutes afterward, until 24 questions have been asked.
  • The first person to correctly answer each question receives a point.
  • At 90 minutes, the game may enter a SPEED FORCE ROUND, where questions begin to appear faster.
  • Whoever has the most points after 24 questions wins the game, and receives an exclusive RIDDLER BADGE to wear on their Community Profile. 8-the-riddler _ BADGE SM
  • Not the winner? You may have better luck next week… everyone who scores at least one point may be entered in a random drawing to select a future topic.
  • Only one guess is allowed per person, per question.
  • Do not go back and edit your original guesses.
  • In the event of a tie game… something interesting happens.

Who among you will emerge triumphant in the winner’s circle? To find out, you’ll have to ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

HubCityAnswer - 11
Detective7 - 8
casasstrophe - 5
Row.Harper - 1
6 Likes

In the title you spelled Venditti’s name wrong. Is this a call back to when I spelt it wrong?

2 Likes

No, it’s a reference to me having a janky keyboard.

3 Likes

I will tell Robin to stop sabotaging it.

2 Likes

I was thinking that @MatthewHecht is gonna love this, when I first saw it in the community calendar. I see he already saw it. :smiley:

:00_hawkman:

2 Likes

I got to pick the topic.

2 Likes

I will not forget the version that made me a fan of the character in the first place even though Johns’s Hawkman is not as great as Venditti’s Hawkman.

2 Likes

countdown!

3 Likes

God help us

3 Likes

Hawkman is there to save the storyline.

2 Likes

Oh, it is ON! See you Tuesday at 2pm PT

I am now off to re-read one of my favorite series and will do my best to give @MatthewHecht a run for their money!

4 Likes

Based on that pic you will fit right in with the Hawkman fan club.

2 Likes

Just finished reading it for the 999,999,999,999,999,999th time.

2 Likes

Curse you! You shall be tougher to defeat than Hath-Set!

2 Likes

I would clobber him with a batarang.

1 Like

Even if it only took you one second to read each issue, that would take over one billion years to accomplish.

Not saying that’s impossible, it just proves that you’re Hawkman.

2 Likes

I did have to look into that identity crisis I had, and there are some problems with it. I am a deontologist and Hawkman is a consequentialist. I do not think Whattevs is Hawkgirl. Most importantly unlike Hawkman I am too stubborn to die. Miller on at least 2 limited serieses (probably 3) has tried to kill me, yet I am still alive. Meanwhile Hawkman has a tendency to save the day by dying.

You doubt I can read that fast. I regularly charge into machine gun fire and dodge every single bullet and beat up super powered beings. I am the most unrealistic super hero ever.

Less than 24 hours

2 Likes

Well, life happens…I just got a job interview for tomorrow at 3pm PST so I’m out of the Trivia Tuesday running. I’ll be playing along after the fact but won’t be in the mix for that sweet, sweet Riddler badge.

I’m still going to re-read that entire run, though, because it was fantastic and I love that this is the fist topic for Trivia Tuesday in 2022. Hopefully this is the start of a great year for Hawkman!

3 Likes

Good luck on the interview! Hopefully we see you next week!

3 Likes