Trina Robbins Has Died

Cartoonist and historian Trina Robbins, the first woman to ever draw Wonder Woman, has died at age 85. My thoughts are with her friends and family.

21 Likes

May she rest in peace. :pray: :wonderwoman:

12 Likes

RIP Trina!

10 Likes

RIP Good Lady!

10 Likes

golden age wonder woman by trina robbins:

12 Likes

Wait what?! RIP to a legend.

9 Likes

Oh man :pensive:
RIP

10 Likes

bronze age wonder woman by trina robbins:

9 Likes

Today I learned Trina Robbins operated a boutique in the East Village of New York City and designed clothing for such music legends as Donovan and Cass Elliot. I knew Trina Robbins was cool, but this makes her even cooler in my book.

8 Likes

RIP Trina :pray:

7 Likes

I learned several things about Trina Robbins from an interview she did for Comic Book Historian channel. There was so much more to say about her but here is just some of interesting information about Trina Robbins I like to highlight here.

• A fan of C.C Beck work on Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel

• Met Wally Wood and would love to had worked for him.

• Considered Christopher Rule the greatest cartoonist ever.

• Was into Underground Comix. She called them “Hip comics.”

• Got inspired to work comics from an absurdist comic called “Gentle trip out.” She later discovered it was written by a woman.

• The Hearst newspaper had great comic strips she loved to read. However, they also were a fascist newspaper. (She was a liberal and Jewish American :melting_face:)

• She dated fame writer Harlan Ellison.

• She was roommates with the sister of Robert Crumb, known for being a leading figure of underground comix.

• She was a co-producer on the world’s first comic book made by women.

• Met Steve Dikko

• She made pot brownies for a party with a bunch of comic book people, which included Roy Thomas. :laughing:

She seemed like the nicest and most hilarious person in the world. She will be missed.

7 Likes

Sad to hear.
May she rest in peace

7 Likes

This is sad to hear. She is one creator I had met. I have a signed copy of California Girls and now it will be a most treasured possession. She was quirky. I watched a panel she was on as well during that convention. What a loss! The comic book world would be a lot less without her contributions to it.

7 Likes