Too many unnecessary characters in Titans

Why are we spending so much Time on characters that are not titans? I am having a difficult time understanding who the Titans are. Hawk and Dove are Titans? Is Jason Todd a Titan? The doom patrol guys are also Titans? Where is Cyborg? I have a limited knowledge of Teen Titans. I was under the impression that the Titans consisted of Robin, Raven, Star fire, Gar and Cyborg.
So Cyborg got cut from the team. Ok that’s fine . Maybe he will be coming latter. I can understand that. Who are all these other guys. I know that a Doom Patrol season is comming or at least that’s the rumor. I see why it’s important to get to know them. They are relevant to Gar’s back story. Hopefully they will not be on this show too much. Maybe a crossover event or something like that down the road. But Hawk and Dove? How are they relevant to this story? Why is so little time being spent on developing the main characters and why it is important for them to become a team? From a team perspective they all came together for Rachel. Now that the threat to her has been eliminated and she has been reunited with her mother. I get that Gar and Rachel have sort of adopted each other. Star fire is supposed to watch over them while Dick goes to do whatever it was Dick was doing. It just makes more sense to me that they wouldn’t have left Titan tower after all that they had been through. That the idea of teaming up seems reasonable. They had the tower. They were all together. I realize that Dick has to finish comming to terms with the fact that he needs to become night wing. But dosnt it also make sense that Dove should have been killed getting thrown off of that building maybe have hank get killed as well? Use them as more as a catalyst for Dick becoming night wing. Especially after all that the four of them have been through together. Plus the final line from Jason. “I’m Robin who the F#@% are you?” It just seems like after hank and Dawn, the asylum, then Jason Todd. He would understand the burden he has to carry for this team. Then you could use the next 3 episodes to figure out who Star fire is set up a protagonist. Bring back Robin and introduce Donna Troy. I get that she is important to Young Justice and they want us to know that these shows share continuity. Any helpful comments or view points would be appreciated as I sead I don’t really know any of these characters out side the show. I know knightwing and Jason Todd from the animated shows and My daughter watches teen titans cartoon show so I have seen a few episodes of that. This isn’t a criticism. I like the show. I’m fine with hawk and Dove. I just don’t understand why so many characters are being thrown at me all at once. And feel like they should spend more time developing who the Titans are and why they are a team. So we don’t end up do I g that next season.

1 Like

*That’s who Star fire is and setup an ANTAGONIST not protagonist sorry.

They are probably going to be Titans next season or they will spinoff into their own show

2 Likes

I love the addition of Jason Todd to Titans I really would like to see a spin off for him

1 Like

He was good, but I am patiently waiting for the cameo by the crowbar :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At one point or another Jason Todd, Donna Troy, Hawk, and Dove have all been titans. So I think it’s nice to see original teen titans and new teen titans both getting time on the show.

4 Likes

You have access to DC Universe. That means that you have access to sixty years’ worth of Titans stories in comic book form. Trust me, they’re all Titans.

Again, I have to bring up Game of Thrones. ‘Why are the writers spending so much time with the Lanisters and that platinum blonde girl? The Starks are the main characters, right?’

7 Likes

Most of these characters are linked to the titans one way or another, the basic team that every one knows from the animation isn’t always the set team, there are many different “titans” and they come and go. The cyborg question makes me laugh, I dont think we will be seeing him in titans , at least not as a main character, maybe a cameo, because of his involvement with justice league but he’s to much of an millennial icon now to be just a sideshow. If we see donna troy doesn’t that mean the rest of titans like Wally west(kid flash) , Roy Harper (red arrow) are likely to show up and be apart of the titans as the older group training the youngers, who maybe have Jason todd for a while and a few younger titans like bluebettle or aqua lad. There are many characters and stories they can explore it will be interesting to see if the show makes it to a 3rd and 4th season.

4 Likes

I mean, technically, Hawk and Dove were Titans before Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy. Jason Todd seems a little random to have been brought in, but that’s probably just a move to promote Dick’s complete removal from the role of Robin and boost him into Nightwing – I personally don’t think that he’ll stick around for too long, but I could be very wrong about that. Doom Patrol, though, I do not understand. Like yeah, they’re important for Beast Boy’s backstory, but it could have been easily graced over/have reduced screen time – but realistically I know that they did that just to hype them up so people know who they are when their own spin-off launches. Donna Troy is OG Titan, so of course she’s going to come up (and hopefully become a core member, like she deserves!) I think the animated TV show really created the idea that Robin (Dick), Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, and Cyborg are the only real/main Titans for some people, and that is 100% not the case. The Titans have had an ever-shifting roster so it makes sense that they’re bringing in more characters. Is the pacing a bit much and even off in some places? Yeah, most definitely; but fact is, the Titans can be a big ass team at times, and I think that’s what this show is trying to reach at some point. Especially if they decide to have all of the Fab Five on the team at some point (Robin, Speedy, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Wonder Girl)

Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounded like you were under the impression that the Young Justice cartoon and Titans share continuity. They don’t. They are completely separate. Robin and Donna Troy are on the way to the house at the end of episode 8. All of the characters have been a part of the team at some point. Doom Patrol is important, because, as you stated, it’s where he came from. That’s straight out of the comics. Jason Todd is important to furthering along Dick’s character development into eventually becoming Nightwing. I don’t see the issue with Hawk and Dove. They explained why they were relevant in the second episode, and I actually thought their origin was refreshing. It’s nice to see a comic book show tackle a controversial topic that’s so relevant to society and to do it in a way that’s not insensitive to the viewer. Donna Troy was an original Teen Titan and I’m pretty sure she’ll be joining the team from here on out. Cyborg’s been confirmed for the Doom Patrol series, which comes out in February next year, so he’ll most likely join the team in season 2.

6 Likes

Just like you think these are unnecessary characters, this all sounds like an unnecessary complaint. You don’t really sound confused. You just sound annoyed for no real reason. What they are doing though is laying down the foundation for the universe and these characters to show they all exist here. Just like the Marvel movies do. It’s a connected and shared universe with all these other heroes and characters. Doom Patrol will have their own show. I’m sure that even with your stated “limited knowledge of the Titans” that you know Doom patrol aren’t Titans.

6 Likes

It’s ideal, flawless.

2 Likes

ToO MaNy UnNeSecArY cHaRacTeRs On tItaNs

1 Like

Did even one person really read this guys entire rant post?

1 Like