TITANS Season 2 Episode 2 Reactions: šŸšØSpoiler Zone!šŸšØ

I have some gripes about:
the writing- it occasionally enters stupid to ridiculous territory
the fight choreography- itā€™s clear they wanted the actors to do a lot of their own stunts and most of them, noticeably Roseā€™s, felt rather stiff and it was painfully clear that the actress isnā€™t a trained combatant.
The sfx- a lot of them are still bad, sometimes worse than the CW

Fortunately, I am capable of both loving something and being aware of its faults. So, Iā€™m still on board with this show.

5 Likes

This is an improvement from last week. I will stay tuned in 7 days.

2 Likes

I like the tone of this series is not trying to be too dark and itā€™s not to campy . It has a good medium I really was feeling th conversation between bruce and dick and I like stargirl and wonder girls friendship. Fyi dove might be the best fighter on the titans ā€¦lol

3 Likes

Great episode. Some effects a tad shifty, but Iā€™m looking forward to the next episode. Hope we get to see Roy Harper soon!

5 Likes

Iā€™m really liking where this going!! Canā€™t wait till next week.

3 Likes

Honestly blown away by the overall production value and casting. The whole series has been movie quality and the first two episodes of season 2 have been no exception.

5 Likes

I like Bruce more in the second episode. He came off as super chill in Ep1, almost like he was playing Alfred . Slade ā€œLa Bambaā€ Wilson is the Deathstroke we never knew we wanted. Nice interaction with Wintergreen. Heā€™s pretty much Sladeā€™s Alfred but without the love. Jason Todd scenes are incredible. Overall, the first 2 episodes have not disappointed.

4 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying the team dynamic so much more than season 1. In season 1 every main character acted like they didnā€™t want to be there. Dickā€™s mentor role in Titans Tower is more character development than he had in season 1 (Iā€™ll stop trashing on season 1 now, I promise) His dynamic with Jason is interesting, especially since we know its going down a dark path later on. Iā€™m glad its mentioned Dick is giving Gar special treatment and theyā€™re not hand waving the trauma Gar went through. Gar really is the best character imo and I hope this season gives him more to chew on. Dick and Rachelā€™s friendship is wholesome and cute, especially considering the miserable lonely people they were in season 1 and now theyā€™re fairly happy and well adjusted, and its probably largely thanks to their bond. I like Iain Glen Bruce too, Rose is a wildcard. She flip-flops between being good and evil in the comics and sheā€™s positioned in a Terra like role which makes it interesting to see which way sheā€™s going to go. Donna/Kory have a more buddy cop bond compared to their comic version and its fun. Hank and Dawn are great, but I hope that theyā€™re added into the fold soon. Theyā€™ve felt like theyā€™re part of a separate show this whole time.

Keep it up DC, this is finally becoming the Titans show Iā€™ve always wanted! and give us more Doom Patrol too!

6 Likes

Dr. Light. Shimmer, may we get psimon? Also. I completely geeked out at the Roy Harper name dropšŸ˜.

Really digging this season so farā€‹:+1:t2:. Only critique is that vehicle explosionā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl:.

13 Likes

I loved how the episode explored the dynamics between the characters! Yā€™all really nailed it this time! Gar and Rachelā€™s friendship was so sweet and I love how they can open up to each other like that <3 Theyā€™ve totally got each otherā€™s backs! Looking forward to see how their friendship develops further! I like how they both canā€™t stand Jason, and how Jason is always difficult to get along with. Donna and Koryā€™s friendship also looks great and I am so glad they still hung out after leaving the Titans. Hank and Dawnā€™s story is leading up to something interesting and I canā€™t wait to see more of them! I fell in love with Rose within five seconds of seeing her on screen. Sheā€™s such a badass and sheā€™s not at all apologetic for it. Itā€™ll be interesting to see her as part of the Titans in the future! Loving the season so far!

6 Likes

The mood of the show has seemed toā€¦ermā€¦LIGHTen considerably. Perhaps itā€™s just a momentary break from the grittiness of the first season, but itā€™s got me curious.

Loved the training scene with Gar and Jason.

Canā€™t wait to see where the show goes next.

3 Likes

I am pulling for you- but that was awful. Please no more Hawk and Dove. More Dick Grayson with better dialogue for Brenton Thwaites

4 Likes

I can not wait until we finally get to see Slade in action!!

2 Likes

I lost it when I saw Roy Harpers name on the phone, ready for the Wally West intro now!!!

9 Likes

Honestly super excited for this season letā€™s get aqualad on the show asap!!!

3 Likes

I didnā€™t care for the hank and dawn stuff it was kinda ehh and this episode was only 38 minutes wtf while shows like doom patrol and swamp thing had 50-57 minute episodes. I did like however every character got equal focus and screentime.

4 Likes

The guy cast as Bruce looks too old too me I know the age may be right but if imagine that he wouldā€™ve aged better than that

2 Likes

loved that shot of Rachel putting the calm on Jason ā€¦ credit to Robin for stopping himself, for once

Starfire and Wonder Girl as Starsky and Hutch, I am all in

p.s. Hawk and Dove forever live and die

1 Like

A very" Ravaging " episode. Heeeeyy Mr. Wiiiiiillllson!

3 Likes

I liked the first season; I love this second season. Iā€™m legit sad that I have to wait seven more days for another episode.

I liked it all. But Iā€™m worried that Starfire and Dick arenā€™t being developed enough as a couple. But maybe they want us to get to know Starfire better and have Dick in a place of more self-confidence, so that the relationship is on surer footing when it really starts.

Iā€™m really enjoying the raven/dick relationship as Batman and robin, basically. All of the characterizations are greatā€”like the comics brought to life.

But speaking of faithful adaptations, I donā€™t need any Terry. He doesnā€™t need to show upā€”ever.

2 Likes