TITANS, S2 Ep 10 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Admittedly, it is a little confusing since a lot of the actors are the same.

I really like the slow build to the season finale. I don’t know if Jericho is within Dick, or if he is truly punishing himself. However, after this episode I’m leaning towards the latter. I really love the prison storylines on these DC Comics shows. I loved it on The Flash, Arrow, and now Titans. I loved how Dick is slowly bouncing back to who he will eventually become.

The Cadmus storyline is intriguing me especially with so much screentime Mercy is getting. I’m curious to see how it all develops, and how it intertwines with Superboy, Gar, and Krypto (poor doggie!!). Man, I got bummed realizing we only have three episodes left of the season.

7 Likes

Something that bothered me, I just remembered. When that guard pulled up Dick’s profile on his system, they had his name literally listed down as ‘Dick Grayson.’ But… I was kinda expecting it to say ‘Richard Grayson’, since that’s his actual name and all? Have we heard them say it at all yet?

6 Likes

I thought about that, too. It really should have said “Richard.”

3 Likes

I read this interview when it first came out.

How many episodes do people actually think it’s going to take to sort out Slade? It’s ultimately going to come down to a confrontation in the finale and it isn’t like that confrontation needs much in set up. We know who Slade is. We know what his motivations are. There really isn’t much more to it at this point. It looks like the team will be uniting, at least partially, next episode. That puts them back on Slade’s radar. The team just has to defeat him after that and unless your expecting a forty minute action sequence or something there is plenty of time.

The Blackfire and Cadmus stuff is obviously not going to be fully resolved this season. Conner and Gar will escape but Blackfire and Cadmus will likely continue into next season.

1 Like

That’s true and it has bothered me too but it’s alright. It’s a pretty small thing anyway :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I enjoyed the episode. The scenes with Dick in prison were all well done and interesting.

I did have some problem with no one seeming to know Dick is in jail. As others have said that would be all over the news how did none of them see it. And even pleading guilty and throwing himself at the mercy of the court would be an overnight thing from being arrested to sentenced. I mean how long as Donna been looking for Rachel?

I like Rachel so did like she got some primo screen time. The core four of last season (Dick, Beast Boy, Raven and Starfire) have gotten kind of pushed to the background a lot save Dick. So was glad to see Rachel get something to do again but her story seemed kind of a weird plot point to be introducing this late in the season.

Glad to see Gar finally getting screen time these last few episodes. Not sure where it is all leading, but was starting to feel like an afterthought and he deserved way better then that. Nice to see his power being used, yeah he was a tiger again but hey, this is the show not the comics, a tiger is his thing.

Superboy continued to be awesome along with Krypto. (Krypto steals every scene he is in). I love Superboy in Titans but will be honest, a spin-off of him on the run… I would be down with that. Am interested to see where it all goes.

All in all a good episode. I will say though I really hope the Titans actually form by the end of this season. The series as a whole has been good and season 2 is definitely a step up from last season (which was good but not as good). But it is baffling we still have not really had the team form. Like the whole series is just their origin story.

3 Likes

How on earth is Dick gonna get outta jail?!! And when he does is he always gonna be on the run?!! Is he gonna grow a beard in jail? I CANT WAIT A FULL WEEK TO FIND OUT!!! This is seriously the only show I’m obsessed with these days! Love it!

2 Likes

New poll added!

Re WonderGirl Can anyone explain a few things? Why did she use her superspeed to go after Dr. Light and then stop? Why did she not use that same super speed against Deathstroke? Why has almost every single time she’s used her magic lasso it has been turned against her by the villains pulling it and throwing her? I thought this was not possible? #TEAMWONDERGIRL

1 Like

Where did Dick’s arraignment and sentencing take place? In the Speed Force? TITANS gave new meaning to “speedy trial” in the U.S. Constitution. And the dude didn’t even have to use his formal name “Richard” or get a buzz cut before winding up in the show’s version of HBO’s OZ!

4 Likes

I totally agree.

It’s the JOURNEY, not the destination.

1 Like

got to say it was kinda funny seeing donna desperate for dick’s help after so easily abandoning him lol. bit of a karma moment. loved the story in the prison about how nightwing is gonna get his name. the kid was right, ala azul saved them. It’s starting to feel like cadmus and mercy are gonna be the villain for the rest of the episodes. Very intrigued about what happens next.

1 Like

Def agree with the sentiment here that there’s not many episodes left and things are just gonna be left hanging again unresolved. Be a shame things ended like season 1 again.

1 Like

After Dick apologized to the mother, she said nope. But, then she said maybe THEY will feel differently, pointing him to the room with just Slade in it. And Slade had a split personality moment. I think he and Jericho are sharing that body. Maybe?

1 Like

Jericho’s mother saying “they” is just an expression. Like when people don’t want to say a gender and stuff.

But yes, from Slade’s hands looking like they signed “help”, it looks like Jericho is in his father.

So we not going to talk about how that Azul bird is basically how you describe Batman but that’s the inspiration for Nightwing

I thought the whole back story behind the bird was pretty cool. We all know this is the inspiration for Nightwing. I really like where this is heading into the intro and rebirth of Grayson as Nightwing.

1 Like