Time to move on & talk about the next awesome thing DC is doing. What upcoming DC work are you excited for?

FINALLY A WALLY SERIES IN SEPTEMBER

2 Likes

@RandallusPrime Happy to spread the joy.

@Aquamon Thank you.

4 Likes

Ok, I gotta go to work, I’ll be back later to check out all the other excitement.

3 Likes

Soooo so excited for Harley Quinn and the wrapping up of Swamp Thing (also excited about Stargirl, but less because I know the character super well, and more because I’ve been impressed with the show quality on this app). Also excited for the new comics that are coming to the service from a year ago. I haven’t read many of the current comics, so DCU bringing in new comics weekly is kind of my way of following new comics live, just a year late.

1 Like

Lots of new great things on the horizon so I’m not even going to mention all the amazing returning and ongoing stuff.

So looking at the new stuff:

If a new Supergirl movie happens - I am most excited for that
If the Bendis tease about a return of the Legion happens, that is next on my list.
Third on my list is the Stargirl series.
Fourth is the Batwoman series
Fifth is Wonder Woman 84

A few amazing things we know, and a few that might happen.
Going to be some good years ahead.

1 Like

Here’s my top 5 most anticipated upcoming DC projects:

1. The second round of DC Showcase shorts
  2. Shadow of the Batgirl from DC Ink
  3. The Oracle Code from DC Ink
  4. Lois Lane by Greg Rucka
  5. Young Justice: Outsiders Part 2!
1 Like

Harley Quinn animated series looks awesome. She’s one of my favorite DC characters.

…but so is Swamp Thing.

1 Like

More Young Justice, Superman Year One - can’t have enough Romita art, and White Knight 2!

1 Like

@Coville if a Bendis Legion book happens, I will be one happy boy, lemme tell ya.

I strongly suspect Jon would be involved with the team, but we’ll have to wait and see if it even happens.

1 Like

@Vroom Jon would make a lot of sense. With Kal and Kara having both been in the legion, Jon should follow tradition sooner or later. It all comes down to whether DC finds him a better fit in Teen Titans or the Legion when he returns from his grandpa space adventure.

There’s also the possibility that Kara goes to the Legion again. She is the only one without a team affiliation. Now she doesn’t even have parents or the D.E.O. Maybe DC has been cutting all her ties with the present for a reason.

Comics:

-Jimmy Olsen (Read the preview and it looks like it will be a fun book.)

-The end of Doomsday Clock. (I’ve been waiting to see how this all pans out and how it effects the DCU.)

-The return of the JSA. (I’m hoping that what Snyder is hinting at is that a JSA book will be spinning out their appearance in his JL book.)

-Finally a new mini-series for Wally West. (I’m only cautiously optimistic on that front. I really can’t stand Booth’s art AT ALL but I might suffer through it if the story is good enough.)

Movies:

-Wonder Woman 84 (I really enjoyed Wonder Woman so there’s no way I’m passing this one up.)

-Shazam coming out on blu-ray. (I had a lot of fun when I went to see this so I’m planning to add it to my ever growing blu-ray collection of movies.)

TV:

-Kypton season two. (I enjoyed the first season more than I thought I would so I’m really looking forward to the second.)

-Pennyworth. (I like the look of the series from the trailers and Alfred has always been a favorite character of mine.)

DC Universe:

-More comics being added every week.

-Community 2.0.

-The second part of season three of Young Justice.

-The next season of Titans and hopefully Doom Patrol.

-Stargirl

-Whatever original content that is yet to be announced.

-Whatever classic shows that may be added here in the future.

2 Likes

Batman: Hush is something I’ve been waiting for. I really hope they do it justice since Batman vs Robin butchered the Court of Owls story arc.

Also really excited about the Harley Quinn animated series. I have high hopes for it after that teaser.

I’m super excited for Batman: Hush to come out in August. I think it was my third Batman comic I bought and it had an intriguing mystery that kept me hooked. I’ve enjoyed the last DC animated movies and I believe this will be another winner.
And let’s not forget Joker will hit theaters this fall. At first I was against an origin story for the best villain in comics, but once I saw the trailer I actually felt sympathy for him.
Those are just a few things I know of.

1 Like

I’m excited that the JSA are finally returning in September!

1 Like

I love the JSA!

J O K E R

1 Like

I hope the Joker movie is good. I’ll definitely be checking it out.

RIP Detroit Comics and Thank You Comics in LA, long live Green Brain Comics in Dearborn MI, and House of Secrets in Burbank

1 Like

OOPS^^ above is a comment for a different thread! That said, NEW GODS movie

1 Like

Randalussprime I had no interest in seeing a Joker movie. Then you see who’s directing and producing, who’s acting in it. Then pics from the production. Then finally the teaser and I’m so excited :laughing:. This could be great.

1 Like