Tim Drake: Robin Gets His Own Ongoing In September

Um, you realize Tim and Steph are both like 16, right? (No offense meant to any and all teenage parents out there) So, this comment really doesn’t make sense.

I’ll probably wait a while before picking it up, I’m not too impressed with Fitzmartin. But who knows maybe she has a really great story in mind!

2 Likes

They are in college now

One both are college age and two ,they did the Steph being teenage parent story in the 90’s and her giving the baby up for adoption, but this time it would be Tim’s. Do you have any better ideas for what to do with Tim?

They are 18 at oldest, I think. I misspoke with 16. I thinking of an older storyline. My bad.

Tim can stay with Bernard and learn more about himself and Bernard. We haven’t had much time with Bernard. Everyone is hating on him because he isn’t Conner or Steph. It’s okay for Tim to be with someone who isn’t a member of the hero community.

And that’s all I’m going to say on this topic here. I’m not going to derail another thread about this. This thread is about his solo series coming out in September. Which I am very excited for.

1 Like

I’m really excited for this! I’ve been a Tim fan for almost as long as I’ve been a dc fan, but its his first solo series since i started reading. (yeah i read his older stuff but its a different thrill to read it as it comes out)

I can’t wait to see where they go with him!

I gotta agree with row here though, it feels like he’s growing out of the robin mantle and should be his own hero not an extension of batman

(hopefully he figures out a better name than drake this time)

1 Like

I thought I’d be more excited for a Tim Drake title, but Fitzmartin hasn’t impressed me with the character, and Rossmo’s art might be too stylized for Tim. I’ll check out the first issue at least, cause I’ve been a fan for years. But I honestly wouldnt be surprised if the covers are the best part.

I’m excited to finally get some new Tim focused stories, but cautious because I hope the writing and characterizations aren’t overly simplistic and targeting a younger crowd. And yes, please give Bernard a personality, his cute smile can only go so far. It would be nice to have them talk and get Bernard’s coming out story as well.
Am I the only one who doesn’t like any of the cover art? I mean, Tim is back, give him some glory! Give me a striking pose that is dynamic, not munching on bat snacks on a rooftop!

1 Like

slides over a satchel of Cool Points for the use of a quality word

On Rossmo’s art, I think it fits Harley fine, but as for Tim…I’ll give it a chance.

Maybe we’ll see a new side to Rossmo’s art that will fit Tim like a glove? Better to hope for the best, I say.

A Tweet the other day from Riley Rossmo…

This kinetic, high-energy series…

Yep, that’s about right.

And yep, I like it.

It’s kinetic and high-energy. :smiling_face:

1 Like

So it’s kinetic and high-energy… and kinda neat…

Fan-favorite writer Meghan Fitzmartin and beloved Harley Quinn artist Riley Rossmo dive into the next chapter in Tim Drake’s life. A mystery over a year in the making has taken shape and a new villain is putting Tim and his loved ones at risk. The world’s favorite Robin has finally carved out his corner of Gotham City and is ready to take center stage.

That is really neat.

I’ll read it when it comes to DC Universe Infinite, but this looks really neat.

Neat.

(I just had to say it again.) :smiling_face:

I saw one of the covers it was gross tim was showing off his arm pit hair and making a sexy
face :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I really hope tim gets a good story to many writers have been calling him the other one or the boring one and now the lgbt one it feels like he has been unpersoned

1 Like

LOL, I thought you were joking:

4 Likes

I don’t know what they were thinking with this cover

3 Likes

My son is not the most normal guy in the cell.

3 Likes

So I have been reading this series, I Subscribed, to it; and once I start a series for better or worse I just stick it out.

Highs and lows for me.

The lows, to me this story line is really geared to young readers, the Sherlock Holmes tone, for this was interesting, but the main bad guy, and I may have missed it, he really just came out of no where, which I guess is fine. The bad guy didnt have any real ties to anyone in the Batfamily, and he was just carving out his own slice of pie in Gotham… The art in this, I was really hoping would get better. This is one of the few DC stories, where I just dread the drawing of the characters, it is as if someone took normal drawings and then ran them through one of those carnival fun house mirror rooms.

This entire story, is a real softball for Tim Drake, and for me he looks too young, unless his character has never aged and is; what; permanently 15?

Pros for me, is that the love interest with Bernard isn’t easy, Tim, pending how the writers take it, are going to run into a problem if they go the problem route with Tim and Bernard, as Tim has kept his hero life under wraps, which could blow up in his face if the writers decide to have Bernard get upset at Tim waiting so long to trust Bernard with that part his life. I think it would be interesting to have go that way and have Tim have to rectify the situation, but I go the feeling it will be another soft ball and Bernard will be understanding while maybe slightly miffed.

If Tim Drake stays on going, I hope for better artists to give things a bit more adult feel to things and bump up the story telling from young readers to at least a PG13 kind of setting. If it was me, I would already line up Tim Drake for his own Dark Label story. About what I do not know.

And I chose this thread to post this because I didn’t want to clog things up with redundancy, and while my lows may out weight my highs, I think for young readers that are in the LGBT community, would appreciate this story as a jumping in point.

1 Like

I enjoy Tim’s portrayal in Zdarsky’s Batman run SO much more than in his solo series. Zdarsky’s version sounds and acts like the character “should” in my mind, or at least as an older version of the character in my mind.

The guy in his solo series is totally alien to me, and I don’t find him compelling or believable. If others are into it great, enjoy, but it’s not for me.

2 Likes