Thursday June 13th 9 pm E / 8 pm C / 7 pm M / 6 pm P Krypton (Season 2) Watchalong Episode 1: Light-Years From Home from recording of SyFy show June 12

Oh wow, ok, then it’s official: the new “World of Superman” cult is now going to run a free WAL weekly to watch a recorded (or Amazon / Itunes etc purchased) version of the latest episode of Season 2 Krypton!

Vote here on what evening works best. I am thinking it might be fun to do this on Tuesday nights, the day before the new episode. Thursday and Friday have other fun stuff going on here at 9 pm, and Wednesday would have to be live with commercials (yuck). The weekend is …well, the weekend.

JL, Vroom, AquamonC137, Nathan, fellow Reign of the Superman, others…thoughts, votes?

1 Like

Watch-Alongs for content off of DCU like DVR recordings are a tricky business. What with the fast forwarding, rewinding, having to do one or the other if you go too far past something or not far enough.

If a WAL consists of people watching from a variety of things like a DVR recording, an individual episode purchase or Hulu (where you can’t fast forward through ads), it could get messy real fast.

We can try it though. Tuesday and Saturday nights don’t work for me in most respects. Maybe…Monday?

1 Like

Why does everyone on the show have to have a British accent? Even LOBO?!

1 Like

Monday night can work! Woo hoo! Well, basically Vroom on this particular watchalong, I had the recording with commercials to fast forward through, while AquamonC137 had no commercials with an episode he purchased from Amazon. It worked out ok, I would just note here when I got to the next section. We both were in the same basic spots ok. But for sure whoever is overseeing the WAL that week will need to be extra vigilant concerning noting that those with no recorded commercials need to wait while others fast forward for 15 seconds etc.

1 Like

I’m going to buy the season from iTunes so I can’t watch it commercial-free. Hulu messed up my recording :confounded: and I don’t want commercials. My schedule can be unpredictable in the summer, but I will attend on Mondays or Tuesdays when I can.

2 Likes

@Don-El I’ll give Monday a shot. Better to have tried than not at all, afterall. Just depends on the time.

1 Like

We’re getting the team back together again!!!

*correction:
CAN watch it commercial-free

I just bought season 2. I’m good to go!

1 Like

Nice! Wait, how did you purchase it, JL, if it’s not out yet, lol, is this another Krypton time paradox???

So, fellow Kryptonians, please save your recordings or purchased versions for Monday evening June 24th, and we’ll have a great old time again watch episode 2 from season 2 together (even if we are all watching it shrunk down in a bubble created by Brainiac) !!!

Loooooo booooooooooooooohhhh

1 Like

Monday at six you say? I’m in!

@DE A variety of online retailers sell shows as they air. You can buy episodes individually the day after they air or buy a Season Pass and they automatically download the day after they air.

2 Likes

Monday sounds good y’all.

1 Like

These Krypton watch alongs brought to you by the World of Superman gang!

1 Like

…maybe?

1 Like

@Don-El, I think thats a good idea.

1 Like