Thoughts on These Comic YouTube Channels?

Didn’t see that many of his videos ill admit they were better than yellowflash but not sure if thats saying much

yeah same here, it’s funny they said marvel and dc should create new characters and when they do they complain about it.

2 Likes

are most comics in general political?

The best Comicsgate adjasent youtuber is JustSomeGuy

Hawkman and Green Lantern are right wing so yes. That is why they are great friends with DC’s arch liberal, Green Arrow.

2 Likes

My favorite comic related channel is probably Comic Pop. For education and fun, gotta be Comic Tropes and Cartoonist kayfabe

1 Like

To me the concept of someone anti S.J.W. reading super hero books is strange to me. While there have been some changes since their inception, for the past 30 plus years the backbone of what heroes stand for is in fact social justice. Wonder Woman is a paragon of peace and acceptance of all people, Superman is the ultimate immigrant story, and Batman is a response to a biased and corrupt system, so much so that he’s been shot by a cops without provocation and taken on full teams of police in riot gear. I know art is open to interpretation, so I can’t say it’s not debatable, but it would be more of a stretch to make these stories fit a far right agenda than that of the left.

4 Likes

Sure, but Hal Jordan being republican 20 years ago means a completely different thing than being a republican now. I don’t think DC talks about Hal being republican as much anymore. I doubt Hal is a Trump guy. Don’t know about Hawkman though. Superheroes generally are supposed to be about sticking up for the little man, and that’s what the democratic party is known for. I get that comics attracts all kinds of readers, but those types of youtube channels don’t seem to see how ironic their existence is.

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite channels on YouTube. Do you know if there is anyone else like her?

1 Like

Comics Perch is pretty good.

1 Like

Sadly, not really. There must be, so I’m sure someone will chime in!

1 Like

I have found Omnidog and he is really good but it is mainly omnibus reviews as opposed to quirky comic thing videos like Casually Comics.

1 Like

Yeah, Sasha’s pretty unique :purple_heart:

1 Like

She is on my TV screen as I catch up on my huge stack of trade paper backs aka graphic novels (I really hate that term).

1 Like

@American-Alien I seen a lot of people acting like they love comics and don’t you can see a difference in passionate and just trying to pass it off. I would recommend my channel its J Sigmund on YouTube. I talk about everything Comic related; another YouTuber I would recommend is Comicstorian especially his older stuff.

4 Likes

I might check it out, I did watch comicstorian back in high school and middle school. He’s part of the reason why I dove deeper into comics.

1 Like

I have subscribed and watching your DCU unboxing! Sweet Flash shirt!

1 Like

I like his news segments, but his soapbox stuff is a little much at times.

Especially when he records it while taking a nature hike. Sure, that’s a nice time saver for him, but as a listener, I’m not too interested in hearing him walk past bushes and babbling bodies of water while I try to suss out what comic-related thing he’s talking about.