Thoughts on Batman No Mans Land

Hi all. Im currently going through and reading for the first time(as crazy as that sounds) The saga that is Batman No Mans Land. Im about half way trough volume 1 and have enjoyed it so far. I was just curious in my fellow dc fanatics opinion, where does the story rank? Did you like it? Have you read it? Lets discuss here.

5 Likes

@TheBatgirlofNML

2 Likes

#2 in all time Batman stories.

I feel like my username answers that one but YES!

Never. (I’m kidding, many times).

Bwhahahahaaa! Someone who wasn’t me finally made a thread about NML! NML introduced Harley Quinn, Cassandra Cain, and the now standard map of Gotham among many other things to comics! It started the Nightwing/Oracle romance, set up Renee Montoya coming out, and was the last time anyone saw poor Harold until Hush.

(Thanks @MatthewHecht )

6 Likes

You’re welcome

3 Likes

Still need to finish it. Not bad BUT being a maxi-series and all, my mind keeps going back to Knightfall and on, feeling that was better I guess.

2 Likes

Great story.

It was the first time I ever picked ALL the monthly Bat-books. One of these days I’ll have to break down and do a reread.

3 Likes

I absolutely LOVE No Man’s Land! It is by far my favorite Bat-crossover of the '90s (and very, very early 00s) and then some.

Likewise. I was in high school when No Man’s Land was really cooking, and it was so much fun to hit up my store after school every week to get the low-down on what was going down in the 'ol NML, via the latest and greatest from the entire Bat-line.

1 Like

It’s one of the most powerful crossovers DC’s ever produced. Hope you continue enjoying it!

2 Likes

The story is really awesome, IMO. However, I do feel like there were points that were dragged on unnecessarily. And I personally love long stories, but I’ll admit, there were things that could’ve been taken out. But No Man’s Land is def a 9/10.

2 Likes

This is 1 of those stories that I don’t know if I’ll ever get to just because there are so many freaking issues that it’s kind of intimidating

1 Like

That is one of the reasons i am only reading it for the first time now. Not sure how long it will take me to get through it but i am enjoying it so far.

2 Likes

It’s worth it! Just a few issues at at time, and it’ll be done before you know it!

2 Likes

Finished volume 1. Started v volume 2. An d yeah fyi in case you didnt know they have in sorted in 4 volumes in ultra. That way you dont have to look at it as tackling 100 different issues. It worked that way for me anyway Really is a epic story thus far . It s gonna take me abit to get through it all but im determined. The more i read the more i want to.

1 Like

Fear not! It’s absolutely worth it! Trust me! I’m completely unbiased. (Why do you keep looking at me like that?)

2 Likes

I like the general concept of a contingency plan gone wrong. I don’t like that it (temporarily) killed Stephanie Brown.

2 Likes

(Wrong story, you are thinking of War Games.)

3 Likes

Was about to say! Haha. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Mebbe because you left the bathroom like this, Ace?

jim carrey alrighty then GIF by Morgan Creek

Now, refresh my memory Steph-hounds: Was Steph directly involved in NML?

Its been at least a good 10 years since I’ve last re-read NML in-full, so please be kind if I am indeed forgetting a crucial NML adventure of hers.

2 Likes

I was wrong

1 Like