Thought on Titans.......

I know this one may a tad controversial but I want to see people honest opinions! So for me I honestly this the teasers we’ve gotten, not including the one with Jason Todd, have looked like a fan made YouTube trailer… Don’t get me wrong I’m hopeful that it only looks like that for a few episodes and that the real costumes will show up. I know they will change with Todd already Robin Dick is going to become Nightwing soon but I hope this look different costume wise by mid season to the end of season 1. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

I think it looks good, better than the CW stuff for sure. Disappointed with the way Kori looks so far, but that’s it. They seem to be sticking close to the Marv Wolfman 80s revamp, AKA the best version of the Titans there has ever been. I’m pretty excited.
Everything looks great to me, with the exception of Starfire. Should have copper-tone skin, glowing green eyes, big hair, and tons of sex appeal, but I suppose that would be pretty expensive for the fr department. Hoping for a mature show that takes itself seriously.

2 Likes

…FX department is what I meant.

It looks pretty Fan-Made to be honest. Maybe if it were released in the 1980s it would look about right.

1 Like

The CRINGE is real in this show.

It’s cringe and feels like a fan made Youtube video. I can’t take it seriously. The writing from what I’ve heard from the trailers & teaser sounds awful. I’ll watch the first episode to give it a chance, but I’m not holding my breath.

I love a lot of that fan-made movie stuff

1 Like

I agree with zombedy. Not a fan of Starfire. Curly hair? She does not have the looks for it. Plus she looks like 35. I hope it’s good. But time will tell. I’d hate for the DC universe to have a flop this soon after coming out. I signed up for young Justice so I hope that at least lives up.

2 Likes

I’m willing to give it a chance. I know someone who has seen the first episode already and has told me the show is not what the trailers are making it seem

3 Likes

Their promotion for Titans has been really bad. They release 1 trailer and couple of clips. Mostly all focusing on Robin. Because they know he’s the least bit cringe. But you that’s not good, they have a show that is pay to view only. They should be teasing us heavy with better reveals of the others characters and showing new things about the show. Not like the teasers from 2 days ago that only showed their eyes. Wth was that??? I really don’t know what to expect with this show. Thankfully, there’s so many other things this app has to offer. We’ll see how the live action originals pan out.

1 Like

I can handle most of the characters appearance wise, except Starfire. She looks just…awful. That hair is just…why? Why would you cast an actress with curly hair? Starfire’s long hair is an iconic part of her design because it looks like flame when she flies and leaves a distinct light trail behind her. What on Earth were you thinking??

And for the record, because I know some people have issue with this, I’m fine with a person of color being cast as Star, by why couldn’t they have found one with flowing hair, or at least straighten her hair? It’s just so lazy to not care about that.

2 Likes

Feeling very mixed but will remain positive and give it a chance

It looks good to me, we will find out 10/12/18. I like the edge, it’s gritty. I’ve seen “Brandon Thwaites” in other movies, he looks the part, I think he is going to make a great “Robin.” “Minka Kelly” as “Dove!” I am hopelessly optimistic. “Swamp Thing” sounds incredible! I hope that they are up to the same quality or better than the Netflix shows, they are hit and miss too sometimes.

I think it looks like a fun show and I’m sure it’s gonna have plenty of action, laughs, and drama. I can’t wait.

I’m excited, some of the looks aren’t great (starfire) but looks can change as seen in the Berlantiverse.

I am really excited. Hope it does well so we can get future seasons.

1 Like