This Month's Sweepstakes: Celebrating Women of DC Universe!

Enter by visiting the News section of DC Universe, or following the link below:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/celebrating-women-dc-universe-sweepstakes/

Today and all month long, we are celebrating Women’s History Month with titles from DC Comics about women, by women! Collected in this sweepstakes are female-led titles DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS written by Margueritte Bennett, drawn by Marguerite Sauvage, Laura Braga, and Mirka Andolfo, BIRDS OF PREY written by Gail Simone, and the first issue of FEMALE FURIES, written by Cecil Castellucci and drawn by Adriana Melo. What a lineup!

Did you know that the DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS line was launched by female creator Marguerite Bennett? The run has been noted for its female core cast, but also the portrayal of LGBT characters and depicting of the nuances of female friendship, family and relationships, rather than stereotypes. She reflects on this, saying “If you write stories that tell folks that queer people can live without shame, they just might grow up believing it”.

Meanwhile, BIRDS OF PREY scribe Gail Simone has been note d as being one of the most influential women in the comic book industry and for raising awareness of the representation of women in comics. She tirelessly advocates the creation of female characters that are equals to male characters, a practice in which Simone herself has been recognized for engaging.

Enter now through March 31st for a chance to win!

10 Likes

I want this one so bad! I enter almost every sweepstakes hoping I’ll get something eventually!

6 Likes

Cool.

2 Likes

@HaruTheCatGirl, don’t stop trying! The odds are in your favor <3

6 Likes

Best celebration yet!

I’m reminded of an art piece by Adam Hughes from some years ago that featured Catwoman, Oracle, Zatanna, Black Canary, the Karen Starr Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Vixen, the Kate Kane Batwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn standing together. They were all out of costume (for those that wear them) and wearing white robes. The piece was titled “The Real Power of the DC Universe”. I couldn’t agree more.

3 Likes

Speaking of Gail Simone, her story in The Flash Giant #1 is alot of fun. I’m eagerly anticipating her further Flash adventures.

5 Likes

I want to win this so bad! I am a huge BOP fan, and a huge woman’s rights advocate!

2 Likes

Always gotta take time to appreciate the ladies of the DC universe. Here’s to all their success in the past, present, and future

1 Like

The Bombshells are a great book, I remember especially the part in a Jewish quetto, in the World War Ii setting where Zatanna and Raven are present, and the Resistance is going to be terminated. The feeling of the night before certain doom was very compelling.

3 Likes