The Tenth Return of The Prattling Polls Polls Polls

this must take so much planning! :scream_cat: thank you THE, itā€™s so much fun!! :grin:

6 Likes

It didā€¦but all of the planning is done :grin:

7 Likes

Yes thank you for everything,

4 Likes

@seitan, right there with you.

Yeah, some movies can seem lazy about it though

@TravisMorgan, thanks for the book recommendation

That is kind of what got me into the movies

What version are we talking here?

What were some of the theories?

5 Likes

I like both. They should team up and make a mixed bag.

4 Likes

Hey Polls,
I think weā€™ve talked about the mafia games on here and I think some people wanted to join one.
So thereā€™s a new one starting
Hop in if you want donā€™t if you donā€™t.

8 Likes

Good night peeps

6 Likes

good night! :smile:

6 Likes

Night(wing)

6 Likes

Such sacrilege.
Thatā€™s tears it Behemothā€¦contacts MI -6 (whatā€¦yes Iā€™ll hold) chats with Nigel at MI -6. Cheers mate!

By proclamation of ER II, thou shalt never set foot on any country of the kingdom or commonwealth.

7 Likes

you are really tweaking that post @DeSade-acolyte

8 Likes

It was so not liking my raw edit formatting a 1 in the morning.

8 Likes

It would have been very clever were it to work

8 Likes

I think Kilowog uses it a ā€œuselessā€ and ā€œrookie.ā€ Itā€™s an endearing insult.

8 Likes

No, my wife is working from home right now, thankfully.

7 Likes

One I remember was ideologies. People avoid films based on their beliefs. Canā€™t have 20% of your potential audience turned off. Too much money is lost. (Fight Club was a box office disaster because the studio couldnā€™t figure out how to market it around the violence.)

Another was that often violence involving females in films was done with too muchā€¦ libidinous male gaze. Again, people were turned off by it. Particularly female viewers.

There are likely many others that have now disappeared from my mind. Tarantino is presently being criticized for the poor treatment of female characters in his films with violence (as well as off screen), but you rarely hear people complain of the treatment of the male characters in his films (and boy does he treat people bad all around). He gave Jennifer Jason Leigh the ā€œmaleā€ treatment in The Hateful Eight, and she was Oscar nominated for the performance. Yet, Iā€™ve personally heard people (my own father who was a western aficionado saw the movie just before he passed) say the film went a little too far.

I donā€™t have a position beyond saying I think we can comfortably go further with male characters when violence is involved, and that it is very much a culture thing. Iā€™m simply discussing a place where gender equality in American films isnā€™t (presently) working.

This is an important topic, but difficult to navigate safely without potentially frustrating users. Iā€™m going to stop here with answering your question. I mean no offense to you or anyone else. If you want to talk more I am completely okay with a DM, k?

7 Likes

I have neurologist appointment today :disappointed: Iā€™m scared what if they canā€™t find anything wrong and I feel icky and dizzy my whole life :cold_sweat:

13 Likes

Round One Group Fifteen (Hats)

• Beanie
  • Fez

0 voters

#poll
#pollstournament

8 Likes

Round One Group Fifteen (Hats)

• Floppy
  • Panama

0 voters