The Suicide Squad Spoiler Containing Discussion!

If I remember the image of him holding the Boomerang from the comics was in Blackest Night, so maybe it is being used to show that he’ll be back?

7 Likes

Didn’t know the Blackest Night thing.
Cool.

I was thinking maybe his son will take up the mantle if they want more boomer down the road.

7 Likes

I’m not 100% certain but I remember seeing that image somewhere. I’ll try and look it up later.

6 Likes

That’s what I think is more likely, though that might be hard because I don’t know of Courtney is really old enough to have a son. Maybe they tweak it to be his brother or something?

8 Likes

Definitely the most violent and gory movie I’ve seen. Movies like this are not usually my cup of tea. Knew it was going to be violent going in, but it really deserves the R rating. Some parts were exciting, I liked Harley’s shooting gallery and the finale sequence with Starro. I feel like this movie was keeping score about how many different and horrible ways they could depict death and suffering. It really did remind me of some suicide squad comics I’ve read, so kudos for that. I really liked the character arc with Ratcatcher II, Bloodsport, and King Shark. Sebastian was a cute little guy throughout. I think Ratcatcher II was the main reason I enjoyed the movie. The backstory with her father and the rats was nicely done, how it tied into the ultimate defeat of Starro. Everyone else is pretty meh. I know the point of it was for most of them to die. I guess I was expecting something slightly more intelligent.

7 Likes

Considering he’s 36ish, you could potentially pass his son off as 18.

I would have loved a Jarro reference! Maybe they’ll have a Jarro in the Flash?!

6 Likes

Okay, I can’t find it. But I swear I’ve seen that shot before. I can’t figure out what it is from or if I am just imagining it. :laughing:

6 Likes

I mean, you aren’t technically wrong about Blackest Night… warning, eh ta heck with warnin’s y’all just watched a rated R movie!

7 Likes

ok so this gonna be rambling, sorry. I really enjoyed it. ratcatcher was awesome love that she just wants to sleep :rofl:, the way they set up the fight with Flag and peacemaker then peacemaker and bloodsport by showing their dynamics was really interesting. I’m very proud of harley for recognizing red flags and making better choices in men. also her friendship with flag was cute
ok thoughts on Waller. Waller was a whole other level of evil here, threatening to have bloodsports daughter R*aped and killed? that’s messed up. probably also why her underlings were so willing to go against her. the whole leave starro alone thing was stupid, 1. there’s no reason to belive it will stop at that one city or island. so it would make more sense for the US to just like nuke the place or call in a drone strike, the plot could still work, if waller is pulling out the team and then gonna blow up the city with all the civilians in it. 2. if they blow up starro on corto maltese minimal American people’s lives will be damaged versus waiting to see if the fight happens in the US
also the point about destabilized the country makes no sense,the country was already destabilized, I refuse to belive Amanda I run 15 different super-secret spy organizations Waller didn’t know the second harley took down the dictator dude or that sol soria and flag were using the explosion as a distraction to stage a coup, come on its Waller, just cause the comms were down doesn’t mean she doesn’t have eyes everywhere

all in all I liked it a lot

6 Likes

My understanding was that the only person who knew what Starro was capable of was the Thinker. Waller knew that the US had been involved and that Starro was an alien parasite. But Starro was not even close to that big or powerful whenever he (they?) was found. It’s possible Waller thought he only had enough power to handle the one island.

But yeah, overall, kinda short sighted for Waller to just assume Starro would stop there. But I do love evil Waller. It’s a different type of evil that isn’t always shown in movies. The cold, calculating and objective focused evil that doesn’t care about anything or anyone else besides herself and the mission.

6 Likes

And ‘Merica!

5 Likes

yeah but I feel like waller probably had some of thinker’s data since she sent a main team who all wore head covering garments that warded off mini starros, or didn’t have a proper head shape for it to attach(king shark)

7 Likes

I did not expect to love it as much as I did. I didn’t care for the trailers and seemed to Guardians of the Galaxyish to me which I loathe. I agree with Jay_Kay that the first act was the weakest but boy did it pick up. But what really surprised me was the heart it had. I got so attached to everyone.

I’ll probably come back with more thoughts later after a second viewing. Also this is my favorite Live Action Harley interpretation to date.

7 Likes

100% agree!

8 Likes

Captain Boomerang being in this movie at all was pointless and kind of wasteful.

Harley shooting her suddenly betrothed for so gleefully rhapsodizng about using Starro to kill EVERYONE to get in his way was perfect

Young Ratcatcher is the one who needs her own series. (As do the Birds of Prey from the last harley movie)

After all, she’s the one who brings out the protective side out in Bloodshot, makes friends with Shark and Abner, turns hero when Flagg falls, decides to try and stop Starro, gives harley a shot and using the javelin, and then her rats finish starro off all that much faster. Oh, and she’s the latin hero of a fictional hispanic country. This has never been done before in so many ways

11 Likes

I just want to add that she also told AMANDA WALLER to go away cause she was sleeping and it was too early in the morning. but yeah she’s awesome

10 Likes

Yea, she does have the best entrance

7 Likes

I thought that was an endearing character trait. Rats are nocturnal, after all. I have a soft spot for them, as rats were my childhood pets and I’ve had several of them over the years. I now feed them to my ball python and it’s sad, but I always do it ethically. :rat: :rat: :rat:

8 Likes

Just finished it. It was… different… but in a good way. It was a lot of fun. I always like it when these movies embrace the action aspect and provide the thrills with well done visuals. There was also lot of weirdness and humor, but I didn’t feel like it was overdone… it actually suited the characters they chose for the movie (unlike some other “funny” superhero movies from the other big company). They managed to develop the characters just enough in a couple of hours for the viewer to be engaged with them. Great performances all around. The biggest stand out for me was Margot Robbie. I think that’s been one of the most on the nose castings WB has done for a DC character. She’s so good in the role. Give her her own movie. When I think Harley in my head, I think of her. Kind of bummed Polka Dot dude died. Would have liked to see a little bit more of him and his unique ability. The one dislike? Didn’t care for the gore; could have done with less of that.

8 Likes

I lost a lot of interest and emotional investment when Boomer died…then when Rick died I almost didn’t care about the rest of the movie

6 Likes