The Suicide Squad Connection

Spoiler warning!!!

Came across this post and have to say this is one of the coolest connections from The Suicide Squad as of “who” put Savant in prison. The yellow bird that he kills in the beginning hints at the fact Savant was brought to Belle Reve from Black Canary. Due to Savant being an enemy of the Birds of Prey, it would make sense.

14 Likes

So, he was in BoP, or just mentioned?

2 Likes

No wonder he had it out for that bird :bird: :headstone:

But karma had the final laugh

5 Likes

He wasn’t in BOP. The Suicide Squad just referenced the fact that he was in Belle Reve due to his encounter with Black Canary (or possibly the Birds of Prey themselves)

4 Likes

Actually, Savant debuted in Birds of Prey 56. He began as a villain and later turned ally of the BOP. When I saw him in the movie I was excited to see him because I always thought he was a cool character. I haven’t really read much Suicide Squad so I had no idea that is where he ended up.

5 Likes

I was referring to the movie within the DCEU.

5 Likes

Ah, gothca. Yeah, he wasn’t in the BoP movie.

4 Likes

Still though I didn’t know he did turn into a hero so that’s awesome to know!

6 Likes

He looked like Ian Nottingham from Witchblade and like that character, his motives were always clouded. He did end his run as a good guy in that storyline but if I remember correctly he was on the edge of going back to being a bad guy at any moment.

4 Likes

thank you for clearing that up

3 Likes