The Rock's Black Adam - first look and release date revealed!

My initial reaction:

But glad to finally see this come to life. The Rock seems very passionate about the role and I’m looking forward to seeing his origins on the screen, and even more so looking forward to seeing him alongside (and coming to blows with) Shazam.

8 Likes

Jim Lee art! Always dope!
It’s about time. Really excited to see this and I’m excited for the Rock too. Last time I saw the Instagram it had 3 Mil likes!!

2 Likes

Not necessarily, I think that as a stand-alone film, Black Adam should set itself and it’s main character up to contrast Shazam and its tone. When they cross-over, it should be a clash of ideologies, with Black Adam being more willing to kill those he seems a threat to his people and country while Billy should remain the more optimistic hero. If done well, this could create a very deep and interesting question for viewers on what they which side to support.

7 Likes

Okay, thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

Of course. If anything, DC has a pretty good track record of creating movies based on what I was describing, such as Batman: Under the Red Hood and Superman vs the Elite.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it

1 Like

The could just call him Adam.

1 Like

This is good news and the role is right up The Rock’s alley. Hoping it’s a period piece. The ancient Egypt storyline where he gets the power and is corrupted by it and at the end the wizard puts him thousands of light years away from earth. This would set up a Shazam/Black Adam film quite well. Similar in structure to the Shazam/Superman/Black Adam animated movie. He should be called Teth-Adam. That is his “real name” as far as I know and what is listed in his encyclopedia entry.

4 Likes

this is gonna be terrific they better add some refereneces to Ras al ghul

1 Like

I love this, I really do, and I want it to do well. I just hope that the cape we see him sporting is not an indicator that they will really fudge Black Adam’s backstory. The classic, "king of egypt, chosen by wizard shazam, bad choice, banished to space a distance that it would take him 5000 years to fly back. and I hope he is bested the same way. with or without superman’s assistance. though that would be SUPER sweet

4 Likes

Still waiting for the flash movie

3 Likes

Is this tied to the Shazam movie?

I’m not sure how many direct ties it’ll have, but it’ll definitely be setting up Shazam vs. Black Adam for the future, so yeah

1 Like

There were a couple of references to the character in that movie, so I’m sure this will be connected. Then they will make a sequel that stars both characters if this is a hit.

2 Likes

Have they learned nothing. You can’t release a movie 2 years early. Monsters.

It looks like fan art.

at last!! about time

1 Like

Cant wait!!

1 Like

Is Shazam! 2 coming out before or after this? Cause I thought Shazam! 2 was scheduled to come out in 2021 and then Black Adam would come out after. But I could be mistaken

1 Like

There’s no official release date for Shazam 2, though they’re apparently still fasttracking it so the child/teen actors don’t grow up too much. I think the plan is for a separate Shazam sequel and a separate Black Adam movie, and then have the 2 collide after both of those

2 Likes