The Rock's Black Adam - first look and release date revealed!

After years of teasing the role, we finally have our first glimpse at how The Rock will look as Black Adam! Plus DC will finally be releasing 3 movies in 1 year, w/ Black Adam following The Suicide Squad and The Batman in 2021. So hyped!

44 Likes

Awesome! Wasn’t expecting Black Adam until 2022 or 2023

5 Likes

It seemed like it was going that direction for a while, if it was ever gonna come out, but he’s also been teasing it long enough where this makes sense too. Now we just have to stay patient for another 2 years

4 Likes

grumble grumble, followed by long, beleaguered sigh

3 Likes

Don’t be all dramatic. If you aren’t into this then ignore the movie and move on

8 Likes

He looks awesome. That was the perfect choice for the role.

8 Likes

The only thing missing is the hair. I feel like Black Adam’s hair is pretty iconic to the character.

I also wonder what they’ll call him in the movie. It be strange if they called him Black Adam without any background. it also be strange, but really interesting, if they called him Shazam. I’d be really down with that.

4 Likes

That’s AMAZING love it! Hopefully we’ll get an image of him in the suit legit on set instead of just an art rendering soon!

2 Likes

Isn’t this just fan art?

1 Like

That’s a fair point. While I don’t think the final look is gonna stray far from this, it does also admittedly look like a piece of concept art, so I suppose the look could change by the time they start filming

2 Likes

That would be awesome, but they’re not supposed to start shooting until the summer, so we’ve gotta stay patient on that

It is from BossLogic, but Jim Lee was also involved and The Rock posted it to his Instagram w/ the release date, so it seems like it’ll at least be a decent indicator of what the finished costume’s gonna look like

6 Likes

Good to know, thanks.

1 Like

Awesome can’t wait to hear more about this

1 Like

Stoked. Hopefully it’s great and I heard rumors that a draft of the script (though who knows where it’s at now) had him taking on Hawkman and Hawkwoman

Either way, I’m excited to see DC leaning into their great villains!

5 Likes

As much as I loved Shazam I really hope they keep to a darker tone for the movie. I just want there to be more depth to his villainous actions that reflect his morally gray personality. Looks wise, aside from the hair, it looks exactly how I want the final version to be. I’m personally hoping he loses the cape, but that’s a nitpick.

1 Like

A darker tone fits Adam a lot more than it fits Shazam, and I’m sure that’s what they’ll be going for. I do think the cape looks cool, but his look works w/ or w/out it, so I can’t say it’s that important

3 Likes

Schway!

5 Likes

Sound great.

Do you worry that darker tone could be an issue for when he inevitably faces Shazam? I agree it should be more serious, but I’m not sure about “darker”.

3 Likes