The Robin Thread

This post is to share our love and appreciation for the most iconic sidekick role in all of DC Comics.

8 Likes

Woah! I knew someone would make a topic around this character eventually. Good to know it’s from you @EDT. Hailing @storyteller91 and @basicallytimdrake to see if they have any thoughts on this. :blush:

5 Likes

@wrrrryyyy12 was the one who inspired me to create it, seeing as the robins came up over on the Batgirl thread

5 Likes

Time for some appreciation of my favorite Robin!

8 Likes

not my favorite robin but a pretty cool panel

5 Likes

theres also this
theres tim

only really care about him when hes in yj ngl

5 Likes

Ha! That’s so funny to hear. :joy:

I’m just going to leave my thoughts on Robin immediately right at the door:

• My favorite current Robin is Damian.

• Most Underrated Robin is Stephanie Brown.

• I’m hoping Mia “Maps” Mizoguchi becomes one.

• Robin War is fantastic.

• Tim Drake deserves more than being a Robin.

And lastly

All Robins are amazing except this one.

5 Likes

4 Likes

me when damain haters exist

4 Likes

if i had a god it would be dan mora

5 Likes

also i own this action figure of damian
i gotta say if you like this design get it
it looks way better in person
as do all mcfarlane figures

4 Likes

ROBIN THREAD YAY
thanks for the tag @Samsonkillingtime!
I love all the Robins (except Carrie. I don’t care for her. At all.) but my favorites are Tim (obviously) and Stephanie. Dick used to be my favorite but that only lasted a few months before I moved on to Damian, and then after that Tim, and he’s been my favorite since then. Damian would probably still be my 3rd favorite just because of Supersons though. But Tim and Steph are the best. In my personal (correct) opinion.

4 Likes

wait shouldnt steph be here as well
she was robin for a time

4 Likes

nightwing was a robin but is no longer
steph was a robin but is back to batgirl
still makes sense to include her
athough alternate earth robins probably arent needed like terry’s brother or the one from dark knight returns

4 Likes

For right now, I’m gonna limit my thoughts to the 4 main Robins - Dick, Jason, Tim, & Damian

My firsy exposure to Dick and Robin in general was the first animated Teen Titans show. While he had his comedic moments, he was written and portrayed much more seriously in the show. The team dunamic allowed that to work and made sense since even non-comic readers knee he is Batman’s sidekick. When I finally got into comics, I checked Dick out more as Nightwing than Robin and grew to really love him. Still had shades of seriousness but more more optimistic. Also - I unapologetically LOVE the Disco suit. Bring it back DC!

Robin-1

Discowing_Wayne_Family_Adventures_01

As for Jason…I’m sorry, I can’t say I’m a big fan. Part of it is because I never read any stories where he actually was Robin. But I also don’t like how he is currently just another anti-hero that has killed and maybe still wants to kill criminals and he somehow is still a part of the Bat Family. He either should have stayed dead or remained a villain.

Now having said that, I was astounded by what Batman did to Jason in the Gotham War story. I want Jason to have growth and development, but not like that! It reminded me why Jason still doesn’t like Bruce and his methods and I completely get where he is coming from. Maybe down the road he and I will actually click, but right now he doesn’t impress me.

Tim Drake was the first comic book Robin I read about and followed. He was the focus of the first ongoing Robin book that started in Knightfall and lasted until the New 52, that’s impressive! His origin and motivation for why and hiw he becomes Robin is really unique and I find him the best detective to hold the Robin mantle. I used to believe he is the only apprentice worthy of the Batman mantle. Part of me still kinda feels that way despite my changed stance on how the legacy if Batman should be handled. To this day, he is still my favorite Robin, I love him for exactly who he is.

And now Damian Wayne…the prick. The brat. That A-hole. You can’t fault me for pointing out he is meant to come off as arrogant. But I will concede to warming up to him over time. Where Bruce started off with a family, lost it, allowed himself to be lost and slowly regain a family, Damian started off lost and deluded all because of who raised him. Now he has learned some valuable life lessons and even made a couple friends. Damian still has a lot to go regarding character development, but he is still a teen. I look forward to seeing where he ends up.

374D0649-83A9-4FF4-8874-72B4E8C1860C

5 Likes

i just personally dont care for jason cuz of his inconsistency

4 Likes

Dan Mora is indeed a king of artists (along with my man Jorge Jimenez and my other man Lee Weeks, and…honestly too many, I love so many artists).

I love this Gleb Melnikov redesign of Damian’s suit. Very stylish, and I love how it fits his character and gives him a more unique look. They had a skin of it on the sadly cancelled DC Legends mobile game.

I concur!

er…did you see my post?

sad day, needs more Steph!

Anyway, I love all of the Robins, and the We Are Robins, and the AU Robins. But my favorite is this gal!

5 Likes

Art Of All Time. I love this one so much.

3 Likes

yeah i did which made me notice shes not in the tags for this discussion

4 Likes

@millernumber1 the only reason I haven’t done a Stephanie Brown thread is because I think one migjt already exist. But don’t worry, she is welcome to this thread anytime

4 Likes