The Raven Love Thread đŸ–€đŸ’œ

That’s some of my favorite voice acting from Tara Strong!

“What’s the matter? Afraid of the dark?”

2 Likes

giphy-20

3 Likes

One of my most fave TT Rae Rae moments OAT here^^^! I love it whenever she fully levels up and regulates. :smiling_imp:

:00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

3 Likes

L7u

4 Likes

:purple_heart: :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

I’m not crying, shut up! :sob:

3 Likes

Petition to have a High Fantasy book with Raven as the lead

2 Likes

YES. :+1:

4 Likes

Came here to post the Persis Khambatta fact, and happy to be beaten to the punch. I love that PĂ©rez originally intended Raven to be Indian, and wish modern interpretations of her embraced that.

4 Likes

I would pay good money to have an intense head-to-head between Raven and Psycho Pirate

2 Likes

You should probably read this then

4 Likes

I think “Titans” did Raven and her mother a disservice, mostly the mother

2 Likes

Are you talking about the ongoing that started in 2008?

2 Likes

I remember reading the first issue but for some reason I couldn’t get into it. Does she go up against someone that has emotion-based powers?

2 Likes

She reminds me a lot of Orion. Both have devils for fathers, and both are always struggling to subdue their genetic heritage of evil. They don’t want to repeat the “sins of the father,” so to speak.

4 Likes

The live action show, yes

4 Likes

source

3 Likes

Yea
the live action Titans show is a mess

3 Likes

Arella was so egregiously disrespected. And let’s not forget that Raven never levitated
 not even one time. The show was incredibly under budgeted, to the point that it was practically economically infeasible for it to become a hit series.

There was such an incredible opportunity there for this show to be something that could’ve moved the Titans to the next level, in both the DC fandom space and non fandom viewer space as well, rather than the cobbled together disjointed departure from canon that, for the most part, it was.

2 Likes

I haven’t watched the 4th/last season, but it was clear that they must have had a revolving door of people take charge only to leave at some point.

S1 was trying to be this dark and edgy show that just came off as stupid and immature. Then S2 came which, while it was a significant improvement, had some information contradict what was established in the previous season. And some of the best stuff from that season were in flashbacks, meaning there was no emotional investment because clearly we already know what happened. Then despite that season ending with a clear tease for Blackfire as the main villain
S3 had them relocate to Gotham to all of a sudden do a Batman story that doesn’t require any of the Titans at all. Rose Wilson just vanished from the face of the Earth, and I guess Dick is fine his mentor killed someone?

Not even gonna bother to watch the last season. As for how they handled Raven
yea, definitely one of the weaker interpretations. She was a really passive character in S1 and then her importance got steadily reduced

3 Likes