The Penguin Thread

The_Penguin_2

This thread is all about my favorite DC comic villain, The Penguin.
In December of 1941, a few days before the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Penguin makes his first comic debut in Detective Comic #58.
His first TV & movie appearance, he was played by the great Burgess Meredith, who was best known for his role in the Twilight Zone.
The Penguin has been around for over 80 years, it’d be great to talk alot about him, from his comic book to the new TV series, can’t wait for that!
Love it that he was the first villain to appeared in The Batman Adventures & The Batman Strike.
Feel free to share any stuff about The Penguin, did you know, that his first team-up with The Joker was in Batman #25? :grinning:

:penguin_smirkhqtas:

12 Likes

The Penguin has always been one of my favorite villains. I loved his early appearances, when he was a master thief and mobster. And who doesn’t like trick umbrellas? I love most of his live-action appearances, especially Burgess Meredith on Batman '66 and Robin Lord Taylor on Gotham. It makes me happy that the character has seen something of a resurgence.

9 Likes

@basicallytimdrake

10 Likes

From The Penguin’s first appearance in Detective Comics no. 58 (December 1941)

8 Likes

I was about to do the same thing lol

3 Likes

If you ever wanted to see Penguin in the tub, here ya go.

4 Likes

Can’t say that’s ever been on my bucket list, but I guess there’s something for everyone. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes