The Obscurity of DC Club Presents.. *RETURN TO THE BATCAVE: THE MISADVENTURES OF ADAM AND BURT* -- WATCH-A-LONG! (Sunday, April 24)

Hello @ObscurityofDCClub and the rest of the DC Community! Welcome to yet another of Obscurity of DC’s watch-a-longs! Scroll down for more info!

What we are watching: Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt

Age Suggestion: It’s for all ages!

Synopsis from IMDb: When the Batmobile is stolen, Adam West and Burt Ward search for it while remembering their days as the stars of the Batman live action series.

Cast:
Adam West - Adam West/Batman
Burt Ward - Burt Ward/Robin
Lyle Waggoner - Narrator/Lyle Waggoner
Frank Gorshin - Frank Gorshin/Riddler
Cesar Romero - Cesar Romero/Joker
Julie Newmar - Julie Newmar/Catwoman

When: Sunday, April 24 — 8:00 PM EST (5:00 PM PST)

Where: Right here, on this very thread!

Length of movie: 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes)

Genres: Action, Adventure

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC-efhnPdKo

There are no discussion questions, but I hope we’ll all be talking about it while it’s going on, so it may be easier to use 2 devices.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

8 Likes

This’ll be my first time watching this, so I hope it’s really good! I don’t see how it could be bad if it’s with the Batman '66 cast!

6 Likes

I caught it when the DVD came out and its…interesting. Worth at least one watch, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

Never seen it before, should be interesting. Might be there to see it depending on where I am work wise.

5 Likes

I saw it when it first aired. It was a lot of fun.

4 Likes

I don’t know how to ask this without sounding desperate lol (I’m not)

Will you be joining us?

4 Likes

I can’t be 100% sure, but I will try to remember it.

4 Likes

Watched it when it first aired and saw it again within the last year. Great stuff.

4 Likes

Dopey enough to roll your eyes at, but fun. Impressive that they managed to recreate one of the most expensive series from the 1960’s convincingly on a lean TV movie budget.

As I recall, the Falseface episodes were a big influence, but I can’t recall how. The first episodes of the series were Riddler episodes, so they give those some attention. So if you wanted to do additional homework beforehand, I’d watch those

4 Likes

Get ready for tonight!

3 Likes

I think we’re starting in about 15 minutes, right?

4 Likes

Atomic batteries to power!

5 Likes

Turbines to speed!

5 Likes

Seconds to go…

3 Likes

Let’s go!

4 Likes

You ever just relax by watching yourself on TV?

4 Likes

Alfred! I need you to read this letter for me!

4 Likes

Adam West hadn’t been Batman in live-action since the 1970s, and he had last voiced him in the 1980s. So it had been a while. (But he did play the Gray Ghost in the interim, of course.)

4 Likes

Something…Clooney-ish.

4 Likes