The Obscurity of DC Club Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 11 (Sunday, April 17 - Saturday, April 23) -- WOOZY WINKS!

Hello @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 11 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

Woozy_Winks_0002

WOOZY WINKS!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

Number of Issues: 4

Description of character from the DC Wiki: Woozy Winks is the inept sidekick of Plastic Man. He is bumbling, overweight, and slobbish in appearance. These flaws often lead him into hilarious danger usually involving some manner of wacky hijinks. Prior to working with Plastic Man he was a small-time criminal, and this experience allows him to work somewhat competently. He also works with the FBI in an unofficial capacity. Woozy Winks was created by Jack Cole, first appearing in the Quality Comics publication Police Comics #13.

With that over with, here are the discussion questions:

1. Do you think Woozy’s time in Arkham Asylum helped him, or hurt him? Explain.
  2. Why do you think Woozy is so determined to help Plastic Man?
  3. Obviously, Woozy was more willing to be a criminal than he was to be a hero. Why do you think he eventually switched to the good side?
  4. Why do you think Woozy was so unafraid of Plastic Man when everyone else was terrified of him?
  5. Why do you think Woozy has no codename, even though he is the sidekick of a hero with a secret identity?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

3 Likes
  1. I think Woozy’s time in Arkham hurt him. In the first comic, he claimed he hallucinated a lot. He also felt lonely later in the series, and he was very against becoming a good guy. And he leaves giant decisions up to chance.
  2. I think Plastic Man might’ve been the first person to actually show at least a little bit of care for Woozy.
  3. I think Woozy did it because he feels obligated to helping Plastic Man, considering how much Plas has helped him.
  4. Woozy said it was because he thought he was hallucinating, but I think it was because Plas was clearly afraid of himself. I think Woozy saw a depressed, self-loathing, pitiful man, not the monster everyone else saw him as.
  5. I honestly don’t think Woozy felt he needed a codename. He got no recognition, and Plas was usually there to protect him if he needed it.
1 Like
  • you think Woozy’s time in Arkham Asylum helped him, or hurt him? Explain. Hurt it increased his sense of worthlessness and loneliness
  • Why do you think Woozy is so determined to help Plastic Man?
    Are seeks a kindred spirit that hasn’t quite sunk as low as he has, that he can help, and help himself as well, though that is secondary to him.
  • Obviously, Woozy was more willing to be a criminal than he was to be a hero. Why do you think he eventually switched to the good side?
    He has no compass, Plastic man became his.
  • Why do you think Woozy was so unafraid of Plastic Man when everyone else was terrified of him?
    He has nothing to lose and sensed a kindred soul.
  • Why do you think Woozy has no codename, even though he is the sidekick of a hero with a secret identity? He doesn’t consider himself a sidekick, but more of an assistant to be there as needed.
1 Like