The "New to DCU" Review 4/22/19

I’m still playing catch-up, so I can’t review everything yet. This is what I’ve read. Anything without a review and just a number is the comics roundup score.

Batgirl #21 is a fun story. The connection between Commissioner Gordon and Barbara was really heartwarming. However, the story ultimately didn’t include as much progression past a fun one shot, which was a little disappointing.

Cohesiveness: 5
Enjoyability: 4
Story: 3
Importance: X
12/15

Batman Beyond #18 (7.1)

Dark Nights Metal #6 (8.4) - Dark Nights Metal ends messily, I’m genuinely confused by it. However, the story did wrap up fairly nicely and teased the DC Future extremely well.

C: 2
E:5
S: 4
Importance: 0 +1
12/15

Detective Comics #977 (8.2)
Doomsday Clock #4 (8.5)
Flash #43 (8.0)
Gotham City Garage #12 //final issue
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #41 (7.2)
Hellblazer #20 (7.4)
Injustice 2 #51 (9.1)
Justice League of America #27 (6.5)

Mera Queen of Atlantis #2 continues the incredible first issue by looking at the return of Ocean Master. Even in Mera’s hardships, she still manages to overcome her struggles. This series is really solid for anyone in love with Aquaman Rebirth!

C: 5
E: 3
I: X
12/15

Mother Panic Gotham AD #1

Mother Panic Gotham AD #1 starts out in a great new direction much to my surprise. It’s equally accessible but also twisted enough to set its own path in an overdone plot. The time jump though could leave more to be desired. It’s unclear if the streets are safe or not for example.

C: 4

11/15

Mystik U #3 //Final issue (8.1)
Raven Daughter of Darkness #3 (7.2)
Silencer #3 (8.0)
Suicide Squad #38 (6.3)

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay #2
I don’t know how to feel about the slow methodical pace of this weekly series. Meeting the team was fun though. I like that Waller wants different. Curious to see most how Bane fits into the equation.

C: 5
S: 3
I:X
11/20

Teen Titans #18 (7.6)
Terrifics #2 (8.4)
Trinity #20 (6.2)
Wonder Woman #43 (5.9)

2 Likes