:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

He teleplayed the highest grossing DC movie of all time cementing Aquaman’s general perception as being awesome.

3 Likes

Johns didn’t write Aquaman, but he was instrumental in its in story process, that’s true.

Again, his involvement with adaptations of Aquaman and Stargirl circles back to the comics he wrote that starred (or co-starred, depending on the titles in question) each character.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who wants Magog back on the team? Sure after Johns, Ross, and Eaglesham left he was a disaster, but with them he was actually layered and complex.

3 Likes

holds up a “Make Mine Magog!” sign

I enjoyed Magog in Johns’ hands, but I also liked him in his solo book and JSA All-Stars, which is a fun read.

3 Likes

I want to see him impale Extant with the horns on his helmet, because why have horns if you are not going to impale a god with them?

3 Likes

:smile: Well…I can certainly see the extent of your love for Extant.

Somewhere to hang your sammich while you pop open a bag of chips and/or a can of Soder? :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Not sure because he did it after DC switched to a new distributor a while back. And he’s even moved his store into our mall recently. So he must be doing ok. Hes got toys and lots of back issues plus the gaming so that must keep him going. Although i would love for him to get them back. He’s the only one in town with new comics.

5 Likes

So, they dropped DC and moved into a mall? Business must be good if they can drop books from one of The Big Two and move into a retail landscape that has seen better years.

Then politely express your desire for the store to carry DC again. :slight_smile:

Emphasize that you’d love to give him your money for DC product, but so long as he doesn’t carry it, his competitors will get that money, instead.

Its funny how some businesses change their tune when you politely emphasize that you’d sooner do business with their competitor than them, and all because of something they’re responsible for in the first place. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

71 more days.

4 Likes

Thanks to the Stargirl show, the JSA might be my favorite DC superhero team.

5 Likes

Now…you don’t have November 8th circled on your calendar, do you?

Nah! :wink:

That’s good to hear. Were you into the Society before, and the Stargirl series pushed that interest into where it is now, or was the show your first exposure to the Society?

5 Likes

I just memorized the date.

5 Likes

Likewise. 11/8 has many a rad book coming out, that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Also I do not use circles. I draw bats.

3 Likes

I knew of them before and read some stories featuring them during random library trips, but Stargirl really made me appreciate the characters.

5 Likes

I started actively reading them as preparation for the show, but my introduction was Smallville, and I read at least one JSA crossover.

4 Likes

Nice!

Forgive me if you’ve mentioned it elsewhere, but do you have a favorite Society title?

I absolutely love JSA. What came before and after it is fine and good, but there’s just something special about JSA.

Geoff Johns gets the lion’s share of credit for that book, but James Robinson and David Goyer also deserve a round of applause, as they set the foundation for Johns to work his magic upon.

I’m also a fan of Paul Levitz’s post-Infinite Crisis run that wrapped up JSA.

Have you read the classic JLA/JSA team-ups?

4 Likes

Some of them. I read a few by myself, and I normally wait until my book club puts them on the biweekly reading list.

In one they battle The Crime Syndicate (not their first appearence), and the CSA is way too trusting. We were joking about if this iteration was in Forever Evil, and how easy Lex would have killed them all.

3 Likes

Both Stargirl and JSA are added to my pull list as is the Wildstorm stuff!

4 Likes

“Ferris Bueller, you’re my hero.”

SN: Nice to see you around, @D4RK5TARZ! Its been a while. :slight_smile:

4 Likes