:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

It’s long been my contention that DC should have an on-going JSA, JLA, and LoSH title in publication at all times, representing the past, present, and future of the DC Universe. It would be very nice if that were to be the case in 2023.

7 Likes

Being that we’re in need of a new Justice League book, I wouldn’t be surprised if that comes along, so that the past, present and future can then be fully represented as you suggested.

6 Likes

This announcement has set the DC Community-related Discord channels for Justice Society of America and for Legion of Super-Heroes on fire the past few days!

5 Likes

Very true.

5 Likes

I am still really enjoying the artwork.

4 Likes

Young All-Stars is another name that they could use for the younger group.

6 Likes

I would like two comics of my three favorite teams every month please.

7 Likes

Just All-Stars is another possibility

4 Likes

Saw that and came to speculate as well. Are we getting a new Legion or a classic version?

5 Likes

I could see that. Kind of like the old JLA and JSA Classified series. Anthologies of shorter stories featuring the teams, by different creators.

5 Likes

Very excited about the JSA. Normally I’m not huge on teams but since this is the only place to read about many of these characters, I’m definitely pulling. My hope is that Mr. Terrific, Yolanda Wildcat, and the Hawks get a lot of focus.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Santo_Moonshine! It would be great seeing Yolanda get some page time. Especially since she’s such an important character in the Stargirl series.

I can see it.

Miss America is not a bad shout. However, Betsy and Molly remind me a bit more of Uncle Sam or, the very similar, USA as both girls connect to the American Revolution much like Sam and USA.

This may depend on the conclusion of Justice League vs. Legion of Superheroes…

5 Likes

Wow, Johns sure loves harkening to golden age and silver age era with this stuff. Im assuming this ‘golden age banner’ stuff will be like how Bendis briefly had his own line of books which shared a ‘Wonder Comics’ banner.

Worrying that this is happening though. As it indicates that Johns is entirely freed up on the television/movie side to the point that hes able to focus entirely on comics again.

5 Likes

John Henry was a character in then out of continuity The New Frontier. Apparently he is now part of mainstream DC. And he was inspired by the legend. Cherry Bomb is definitely Human Bombs protege. Still unrevealed who the revolutionary girls mentor is/are. My first thought was Miss America although Liberty Bell fits the motif better. If it is Libby how does that impact her relationship with Johnny Quick?

5 Likes

Hey! Good shout! That does have me wondering if “The Son of John Henry” is actually an alternate universe version of John Henry Irons…

It’s possible that Betsy and Molly have no mentor. That being said, if Libby is their mentor, it’s tough to see how the girls do more damage to Johnny and Libby’s relationship than Johnny does himself…

4 Likes

Ooooooooook. As ive said before on here my LCS DOES NOT carry DC. Having a new JSA and Stargirl comic coming out I may have to go to the big city for some new comics! So waiting for new series to pop up on here may not work for new JSA and Stargirl like it did for Deep Target and next month World’s Finest.

5 Likes

If Johns can only dedicate himself to one side of the DC media empire in the foreseeable future, I would rather it be comics.

He’s introduced things in the comics that have gone on to be big movers and shakers in the outside media (and merchandising, as well), while his presence in said outside media hasn’t had nearly the impact his publishing work has had.

Its great to see Johns’ name in outside media credits, but its even better to see his name on wonderfully entertaining comics (a media field he’s actually working in and not just getting Executive Producer credits for) that get the fandom buzzing and excited for what’s next from him and the publishing line as a whole.

7 Likes

How does that work? That’s gotta be a huge chunk of business just being lost.

5 Likes

Id argue that one to be kinda honest. Like, he has been HEAVILY involved in the Stargirl tv show. To the point that he has had an inarguable impact upon it. Between that and his heavy involvment with the movie stuff like Black Adam, and hes mannaged to make the Justice Society of America something that the general public is actually aware of and not some obscure corner of things that even people familiar with comics are not necessarily familiar with.

5 Likes

Fair points. However, I didn’t say he hasn’t had an impact in outside media, just that his comics work has had more longevity and overall impact than what he’s been involved with outside of comics.

2 Likes