:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

Yeah, I honestly can’t explain that piece. I’m pretty sure that’s something Extant could do and it’s something that seems to be in Per Degaton’s power now. Maybe one of them has something to do with it…?

Yeah! I’d been breaking them all down in the New Champion of Shazam thread:

And then this user helped me on a few of them:

Nyoka is interesting. She did start out in the movies and was supposedly a character that Fawcett licensed from Republic Pictures. However, Republic went defunct in 1967. Viacom/Paramount ended up owning a lot of what was Republic, but… I don’t see them making a claim on Nyoka. Wikipedia claims that Charlton purchased Nyoka from Fawcett and then Charlton sold her to AC Comics in 1987, but I’m dubious of this claim. If Nyoka was a licensed character for Fawcett then how could they sell the character to Charlton? I’ve seen AC reprint Nyoka stories, but her comics are in the public domain so anyone can do that. My assumption would be that Nyoka is in the public domain at this point, and, if that’s the case, what DC did was fine.

I did notice that Pinky was missing. At the time, I thought it may be because his Christian name really is Pinky and it would be a dead giveaway, but… they did print Scoop Smith’s name, so maybe not. I would love to see Pinky in The Lost Children if he ended up on Orphan Island instead.

3 Likes