It looks like Arthur’s kid might not be surviving judging by the new trailer

4 Likes

Aquababy pt. 2?

2 Likes

Hey, please don’t spoil the movie! :sob:

4 Likes

Where’s the trailer?

3 Likes

The general concensus is that would be too dark… He will get kidnapped, and father and uncle will rescue him.

3 Likes

Killing off Aquamans kid, would be brutal and make for a great character development and movie, the problem I see with that theory, is it isn’t likely because this is probably going to be the last we see Jason Hunkypants as Aquaman, so it just ends this DC mess of a run with a void IMO.

If it ended up with his kid dying and no real resolution to it and the movie just does a looney tunes wrap up at the end with Porky Pig saying That’s All Folks ! Then WB is going to be hearing about that for a long time.

I guess it could be pulled off, if his child was killed off very early in the movie, at least the first 30 minutes, that would give the rest of the movie for everyone to see how Aquaman handles it, a time lapse montage could easily be thrown in, and then in the end Aquaman has closure and thus the viewer does as well.

I look forward to seeing this when it is available to stream because I no longer punish myself by going to a movie theater.

3 Likes

Arthur’s son will definitely be in danger, but I doubt he’s going to die. My guess is that this will end in a similar way to when the Justice League animated series played with that storyline, if you catch my drift…

5 Likes

I think that maybe Manta could come close to killing Aquababy, but ends up killing Mera. In the trailer, Arthur tells the baby that he can’t wait to show him the world “Yeah! You and me”. That line could be part of the ending of the film

It could be possible Mera is just shown in flashbacks, possibly in the scene of Black Manta at the front of the burning lighthouse.

2 Likes

It would pretty solidly wrap up Amber Heard’s tirade at least

1 Like

I honestly believe that her role being cut short in this movie is probably the best for her and everyone else. We all know that if she had a large role in this film, everybody would be losing their s*** and boycotting. Secondly, it probably does her a favor overall from receiving all the criticism of her being in the film.

I know Elon Musk demanded for more of her scenes to placed back into the movie. Did it happen? Likely not, judging by footage, but he did threaten that WB would be sued. Good chance of them dealing with more problems.

1 Like

Which is funny because, I mean…imagine Musk trying that crap now. Imagine people taking Elon Musk in any way seriously.

1 Like

I am surprised at some of the responses here and elsewhere on the site to the movie and, admittedly, a bit less so to the trailers. I enjoyed the first movie as a 3D wide screen 4DX experience and expect to see it at least once in 3D, either IMAX or DBox/4DX, and likely an SD screening, depending on the length of the run.

I think this makes sense, given Wan’s involvement and background in horror. I still it is a shame they didn’t decide to make a horror based DC movie in adapting The Trench, since it seems up his wheelhouse and if they could keep the cost down, it would have been a good The Meg like franchise for WB to have kicked off.

2 Likes