The Most Overrated and Underrated Characters in DC

Here we discuss just who (heroes, villains, etc.) we think are overrated or underrated.

3 Likes

Ooh good idea @The.Elizableez! Personally, I think Impulse is super underrated. He’s my favorite speedster, but he’s always overlooked in the comics IMO.

4 Likes

I would LOVE to see more of him in comics.

4 Likes

i agree very much
he is an angel and deserves all the love and appreciation

4 Likes

Underrated: Will Payton Starman has been completely overshadowed by Jack Knight Starman. Roger Stern’s run on Starman '88 is great.

As for “overrated”… I’m not exactly sure what that would be. Wouldn’t that just be a popular character that you personally don’t like?

4 Likes

An underrated one would be The Question, I love him to death and it’s a shame we haven’t seen him in live action.

6 Likes

Y’know who’s overrated? Hawkman! Sorry @MatthewHecht but it’s true. Hawkman is overrated.

5 Likes

We definitely need more of him.

6 Likes

I honestly think we could use some more hawkman. But maybe that’s my obsession

5 Likes

I would also like to see the next Batman movie to have the courts of owls in it.

4 Likes

Overrated- Amazing Man

Underrated-

7 Likes

Love Powergirl! shame she’s always overshadowed by Supergirl.

5 Likes

I’m not a big fan of amazing man. I would absolutely love to see a live action powergirl.

5 Likes

John Constantine is a overbearing character. His biggest problem is being everywhere and seemingly the most ordinary and powerful person in the room. Essentially the batman of the dc magical world but he really overshadows others as a result.

Martian Manhunter is underrated
He is a senior member of the Justice League and has been consistently with them since the beginning to become it’s most central figure.

A exceptional and interesting superhero yet he hardly has the cloud to get a solo series like the Ostrander run in the early 2000s.

6 Likes

I have never even heard of Amazing Man till today :joy:

3 Likes

I personally love Constantine with a passion, but I see your point.

4 Likes

He talks to trees, but he sucks at communicating. He interpretated their cries for help as a declaration of how the villain is actually good. Thus he makes memetic loser Aquaman look useful.

4 Likes

Underrated: Supergirl

Overrated: John Constantine

5 Likes

Is thete any version of Constantine you like by any chance.

4 Likes

He’s alright in Dark Knights of Steel.

5 Likes