The Modern Age Superman Club Watch-Along: World's Finest, Saturday, 3/19 at 1 PM Pacific/4 PM Eastern

There’s no spoilers with regards to The Batman. They show part of the scene in the trailers and TV spots.

Maroni is hanging out with a woman in a club, who’s saying “Can we go somewhere else? I can’t even hear myself talk.”, to which Maroni says “What makes you think I want to hear you talk?”

Maroni then sees Batman approaching his table as he’s taking out his goons. He tries to flee, but Batman grabs him, with the scene cutting to outside the club where Batman eventually drops Maroni down to the street.

Maroni: “From this height, the fall won’t kill me.”

Batman: “I’m counting on it.”

Batman drops Maroni and his knees crack as he hits the street

I always sigh with contented happiness when I see a DCAU joint that was written by comic talent. :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Happy to help. My mental sponge/brain is always alive with recalls of The Schtuff. :grin:

1 Like

The Death of Superman. That sounds so familiar.

1 Like

That could be a good story, and one that would be remembered decades after it’s told.

I generally prefer most of the TNBA designs to those of BTAS, but the Batplane from BTAS is way cooler than the one in TNBA.

1 Like

Luthor: Don’t connect this to me. Joker: I won’t.

Holds Lois in a LexCorp factory.:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

For all his vaunted intellect, Lex lets himself get screwed over by Joker nearly every time they team up.

2 Likes

Batman sure wasn’t nice! :laughing:

2 Likes

Bruce Timm said he hated the Batplane from the movies because it didn’t match the Dark Deco aesthetic. He also didn’t like the Penguin design. That’s why he changed them.

2 Likes

He won’t be awarded any Cub Scout badges anytime soon, that’s for sure. :joy:

had an ample amount of CS badges when he was a kid

2 Likes

I can understand his reasoning for the Penguin change, but the Burton Batwing is the aerial Bat-vehicle of choice.

“Because you grew up with it?”

Well, yeah. :slight_smile:

The Harley and Mercy fight is a highlight of this whole tale. Such fun!

2 Likes

Yeah the Penguin was disappointing at the time, cause Warner Brothers wanted Penguin be based on Batman Returns look. I like the newer look better.

2 Likes

Ironically, Kenner made a BTAS Penguin, but never one for his TNBA redesign.

It wouldn’t be until a few years after TNBA that Mattel made TNBA Penguin in their Batman Animated line.

2 Likes

I remember showing my Dad my Penguin toy from Batman the Animated Series, he said it was Batman Returns Penguin.:laughing:

1 Like

Batman and Lex reminds me of The Abyss, the most recent arc of Batman.

No spoilers, but Lex plays a prominent role in the story.

2 Likes

That was fast. Lois falls hard.

2 Likes

Lois, transferring to Gotham is a bad, bad idea.

2 Likes

Joker probably most likely almost killed Superman in this episode, had it not been for Batman.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I immediately thought of the hard water face thing from The Abyss which he kinda looked like hovering over Lex.

2 Likes

So true, guess that’s why we never see Vicki Vale in the series!

2 Likes