The Modern Age Superman Club Watch-Along: World's Finest, Saturday, 3/19 at 1 PM Pacific/4 PM Eastern

The latest comic adventures of the World’s Finest launched this week, courtesy of writer Mark Waid and artist Dan Mora (you can discuss the series here), but as we all know, the World’s Finest team of Superman and Batman are no strangers to media outside the comics.

Whether you’ve seen it 1,941 times or this is your first, join in the fun of seeing the very first DC Animated Universe team-up of the World’s Finest heroes (which some say is their all-time best on-screen team-up) this coming Saturday afternoon!

Click/tap here on how to be the Finest of the Watch-Along World
  • The fun begins at 1 PM Pacific/4 PM Eastern.

• Where we comment: In this thread, and at the above time.

• World’s Finest consists of Superman: The Animated Series Season 2, Episodes 16-18.

• Runtime: Just a little over an hour, and easy-peasy to squeeze into your Saturday afternoon. :superman_hv_4:

These episodes are available on DVD, Blu-ray, Digital and streaming on HBO Max. However you choose to watch, please be ready to soar once your respective start time comes along.

That’s the scoop on this impromptu, last-minute, hope you can make it, Watch-Along. If you’d like more of the World’s Finest on DCUI, do check the latest micro read from The Modern Age Superman Club, as it stars Superman and Batman along with Batwoman and Supergirl! :partying_face:

Also, pick up a copy of Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #1 when you can. Its The Book of the Year (so far, at least), and then some. :nerd_face: :superman: :batman:

3 Likes

This should be fun, before Justice League, there was World’s Finest.:grinning:

2 Likes

Before The Best of The Best (the Justice League) there indeed was…The Best of the Best (Superman and Batman). :grin:

I threw this together last-minute because of my over the moon adulation for World’s Finest #1. Book of the Week folks, Book of the Week. :nerd_face:

1 Like

:smiley: Here’s my favorite intro to start off the tomorrow watch along…

:batman: :superman:

3 Likes

Love that intro! I have the TNBSA theme on my Spotify playlist, and I listen to it all. the. time. :hugs:

@moro Since we were talking about The New Batman/Superman Adventures a day or so ago, you might be interested in the above, in case you haven’t yet seen it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the invite Vroomy! My Saturday will be super busy, unfortunately, so it’s unlikely that I’ll attend. If I can squeeze it in though, I will :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

I meant the video @Reaganfan78 posted, as you always have an open invite to my WALs. :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

D’oh! Sweet video indeed.

Makes up a bit for STAS not getting a unique intro like BTAS :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

And…its part of the answer to a “Which DCAU shows featured openings that were comprised of scenes from the series they opened?” trivia question.

The answer being 3: STAS, TNBSA (which is kind of duplicating STAS, but it also involves TNBA) and JLU.

Stop on by if you can. :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

It’s got those moving shadows imposed on the scenes though… so it’s something. Or were those from the shows as well?

Plus the music is unique, methinks.

2 Likes

The shadowing and what have you was added, but most of the TNBSA opening is comprised from assorted footage of BTAS (most noticeably when you see the BTAS iteration of Mr. Freeze) and STAS, with a little from TNBA as well.

I have the theme stuck in my head now, which is a-okay.

hums as he works

2 Likes

:eyes:
:batman: & :superman:

2 Likes

Hiya, @Reaganfan78! :wave:

:play_or_pause_button: time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @Vroom! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Are we starting?

2 Likes

Yep! Smash your Play button!

2 Likes

Always love the Superman The Animated Series intro!:smiley:

2 Likes

Already did! Hi @Reaganfan78 @Vroom

2 Likes

Likewise. Its one of my fav DCAU themes.

2 Likes