The Modern Age Superman Club Presents: Superman Returns 15th Anniversary Watch-Along, Sunday, September 19th at 2 PM P/5 PM E

A part of me always wondered who is was she was playing Scrabble with…

2 Likes

Here’s my first legitimate gripe: I don’t like the Smallville section of this movie. It drags down the opening act, and it’s the only real point of narrative conflict between this film and the later Reeve films (where Martha Kent was dead).

2 Likes

He probably took her to the world’s best Bing Crosby marathon. :wink:

2 Likes

Haha YES

2 Likes

That’s covered in a deleted scene. She’s dating again.

3 Likes

It’s a deleted scene! It’s the neighbor and they’re dating! It was a cute scene :frowning: I wish it was left.

3 Likes

But Singer ignored III and IV, so that smooths out the Martha point.

2 Likes

Oh reeeally!? Don’t play m,e like this, I’m a huge gullible person lmao

3 Likes

But that’s like the only thing about III and IV that are irreconcilable with this movie, and it’s all for a pointless parallel with Donner’s first film that drags out the start of this film.

2 Likes

That is sooo awesome. Kinda bummed that it didn’t make it into the final cut, but it makes sense why it didn’t

2 Likes

Ah Kitty stealing every scene :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Fun Fact: Kal Penn’s character was going to have an action figure. Photos of it exist, but it was never released, sadly.

I would’ve bought it…since I literally bought every other Superman Returns figure in the Summer of 2006.

3 Likes

Parker Posey should’ve played Lois.

3 Likes

I love her in this.

2 Likes

Oooo that’s intriguing

3 Likes

Her outfits are just amazing!

2 Likes

She certainly feels more Margot Kidder-esque, wouldn’t you say?

3 Likes

Why worry if they’re irreconcilable with this one though, since they don’t exist, “from a certain point of view”.

If one wants to see this as Superman V, then yeah, I agree.

3 Likes

You know… I can actually get behind this. 100%

3 Likes

I like how the opening to the fortress is the shield shape

2 Likes