The Modern Age Superman Club Presents: Superman Returns 15th Anniversary Watch-Along, Sunday, September 19th at 2 PM P/5 PM E

Greetings, @ModernAgeSupermanClub!

2021 is the 15th anniversary of the Superman movie that returned Earth’s greatest hero to the big screen! While the movie soared at times and stumbled at others, it remains an interesting footnote in the on-screen history of The Man of Steel.

If you’re a pro at Watch-Alongs, you know how this works, but if you’re brand new, check out the super details below on how you can join in on the fun!

The date and time: September 19th, at 2 PM Pacific/5 PM Eastern.

The place:: Right here, in this thread at the above date and time. :point_up:t2:

How to get the goods: Superman Returns is available on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital HD while also streaming on HBO Max. However you prefer to return to the movie, please have it and your commenting device of choice (phone, tablet, computer, etc.) ready to soar for when the clock strikes Play Time. :clock: :play_or_pause_button:

Whether you’ve seen the movie, or are entirely new to it, I hope to see you take flight with us as we ring in 15 years of Superman Returns! :superman:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: I love this movie!!!

3 Likes

I like it, by and large. It could have used a better script and a much tighter edit, but overall, Superman Returns was an entertaining movie.

For me, it’s a DC movie where it was outshined by its merchandise. The Superman Returns toyline by Mattel was much more entertaining than the movie. With it, you could have a Kryptonite armor-wearing Lex duke it out with Superman!

3 Likes

This is my wake up alarm

1 Like

I would hope you’d be up before the afternoon, but if not, that’s a good alarm, friend. :superman_hv_3:

2 Likes

In Alaska it’s morning, and now it’s noon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Its just now noon there? It’s nearing 2 here.

Its as if I’m speaking to someone in the past, while you’re speaking to someone in the future.

Sounds very Superman-y, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

:rofl: Yep! Right this second it is 1:30 we are 4 hours behind EST. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

checks watch

It’s 2:35 here. Time for a Mountain Dew! :yum:

2 Likes

Oooooo npow this is gonna be a great WAL. I love this Movie.

3 Likes

After 5 years…Reaganfan78…Returns.

:superman:

2 Likes

Wooohooo! 10 minutes till my favorite movie! :smiley:

1 Like

5 minutes!!
tumblr_n91mprpnhI1sc5kg5o2_500

1 Like

4 minutes! :superman_hv_4:

1 Like

Hey @Vroom! :wave:

1 Like

Yeeeeeeeah

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Now this is movie I can fully get behind!

2 Likes

Where’s @bigblock66? I’ll go get him quick!

DecimalSimpleBetafish-size_restricted

1 Like

I’m braced for mild disappointment!

2 Likes