The Joker Movie

has anyone picked up the joker movie i did about to rewatch it

5 Likes

I’m thinking about it, but the movie is so depressing and intense and put me on the edge of my seat. I like it, it was good, but then again I might wait til the price goes down a bit.

2 Likes

Its the first thing I’m gonna watch when I get home next week​:+1:t2: Cant wait​:grin:

3 Likes

Just got the joker movie in 4k

1 Like

1 Like

The joker is a masterpiece

2 Likes

The Joker is one of my favorite movies, though I may be a bit biased since I absolutely love psychological thrillers - I thought Joaquin Phoenix did a fabulous job especially considering the large shoes left behind by Heath Ledger. I hope the 4k version lives up to your expectations!

What was your favorite scene? :0_joker:

4 Likes

Love this movie my favorite part is when he dances down the stairs in full joker style and the talk show scene is also one of my favorites

3 Likes

I love the Batman 89 Easter egg with the painting

3 Likes

Another great thing about this movie it left you asking so many questions like was that real did that really happen

2 Likes

Very true! The stair and talk-show scenes were fantastic but I also really enjoyed the moment when the movie suggests that Sophie Dumond was never actually romantically involved with the Joker for exactly the reason you just said. The unreliable narrator trope is of my favorites and I think it worked really well (it also reminded me of how many iterations of Harley Quinn have her deluding herself into believing that she is in a relationship with the Joker - it was interesting to see that flipped on its head with the Joker incorrectly believing he was in a relationship with someone else). :harley_eyerollhqtas:

3 Likes

Wholeheartedly agreed @Davidbizzarr1000. :+1: Co-signing your takes as well @Shayera.Hol. :+1:

3 Likes

It really reminded me of this movie.

I’ve never seen the king of comedy so I don’t know how close this film is to that one. But I took in the joker film as an elsewhere story where Bruce is a child and Thomas Wayne is an evil guy. It’s the only way I can accept this new version of the joker in my head. I also like that they payed homage to the killing joke with the unreliable narrator thing.

3 Likes

Such a great movie each time i watch it i love it more

2 Likes

Along with creating a singularly distinctive interpretation of B’Man’s No. 1 nemesis, Todd Phillips crafted an outstanding homage imagery wise to the captivating realism that filmmakers like Scorcese, Lumet, and DePalma wove into the tapestries of their unforgettable work during the 1970s and early 80s. Just such an amazing viewing experience in so many ways.

1 Like

I would love to see Todd Phillips take on other classic DC Villains

1 Like

And we haven’t even talked about the great music attached to this movie

1 Like

One of my favorite villains and esai morales really nailed it on Titans.

I just love it when villains are done right. I want to see a ventriloquist, killer croc, or a mad hatter film next.

1 Like

If you want to see how a killer croc film would play out, just read this book.

And here’s a glimpse at the ventriloquist

A clayface film wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

2 Likes

Give me dave Batista as bane

2 Likes