The Joker is Overused!

Is this you, @BatmanFan2007??? :laughing:

2 Likes

Technically me and basically the entire DC community at this point.

1 Like

There is a wealth of villains and I get the Joker/Batman sells but look at Spiderman, he and Norman don’t battle every other storyline, even when they do sometimes it is face to face others it is Norman going behind the scenes. Just because they are arch enemies and sell doesn’t mean you can’t branch out.

You could even mix it up acts of vengeance style. How would Batman deal with Ocean Master or The Cheetah. What tactics would have to change for Flash against Fadeaway Man or Cabal. How would Wonder Woman fair against Reverse Flash or Parasite…

2 Likes

You’re comparing apples and oranges here.

Green goblin has never been featured in 2 one billion dollar movies, doesn’t have 2 Oscars, or the killing joke comic. This is why joker is so popular and Norman isn’t.

3 Likes

Except Goblin was just payed by Willem Dafoe, who his the most popular choice for the Joker as well.

1 Like

I would dominate them all, because I’m Batman.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say Norman is not as popular but they opened him up to new challenges and Ideas, “saving the world” in Secret Invasion, Taking over Shield to create HAMMER, forming the Dark Avengers, invading Asgard, he grew beyond Spider Man.

2 Likes

So they made him into a hero/antihero?

2 Likes

More a Lex Luthor type, pretending to be good but had a long term plan to take over.

2 Likes

I think that the Riddler was a big villain as well, since he had a theme some from the 60’s show, and if I’m correct, and comic from the 70’s even called him the most favorite one.

1 Like

Supposedly nobody cared about him until 60s show made him a big name villain.

3 Likes

I really appreciate this sentiment, that he is overused, BUT I still can’t tear myself away from the current Joker comic. I love it immensely.

3 Likes